Best gaming laptop ? Asus vs. Sager

g55vw vs. sager np9150/clevo p150em
differences: sager brings alot more bang for buck. i mean ALOT. i can get much better specs for same price as ASUS. but the g55vw just looks so cool and sleek i dont know how i could turn it down.. i plan to keep these for as long as possible
as of right now im looking at these products from different sites.
asus:
http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-g55vwds71-eta-midmay-p-4322.html

sager:
http://www.avadirect.com/gaming-laptop-configurator.asp?PRID=23922

keep in mind that the sager is build it yourself so its barebones which i kinda like since its cheaper and fun
i customized both to around $1900 usd
the sager has the best 15.6" matte screen with 95% ntsc color gamut 1920x1080
i7-3720qm
antec formula 7 nano diamond thermal compound (+++)
gtx 675m 2gb
8gb ram 1866mhz
corsair 180gb force series gt SSD
Creative sound blaster x-fi 5.1 pro
1 year warranty
$1977 usd

now for the asus specs
normal 15.6" 1920x1080 screen
Professional Monitor Color Calibration w/ Spyder 3 Elite
i7-3610qm (3720 is +$350)
ic diamond thermal compound
gtx 660m
12gb 1600mhz ram
60GB Intel 520 Series Solid State Drive (boot drive)
500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid 32MB Cache
Creative sound blaster x-fi 5.1 pro
asus g series backpack :D
razer orochi mouse for on the go
xoticpc overclocking
windows 7 home premium
redline boost operating system (speeds up windows by disabling non-critical *** and optimizing yadayadayada)
clean windows installation (no bloatwares - drivers only)
backup recovery dvd
2 year warranty
$1942 usd

i was also eyeballing a extreme power house by sager. check it out i customized it to $3000 but do u think i would need one of these for future games in 2013 or 14?
http://www.avadirect.com/gaming-laptop-configurator.asp?PRID=23298
17" 1920x1080
i7-3930k (possible for i7-3930x)
antec formula 7 nano diamond thermal compound (+++)
2x gtx 675m 2gb for sli
8gb 1866 mhz kingston ram
2x corsair 60gb force series gt SSD (games + boot)
western digital 250gb scorpio 7200rpm 16mb cache
raid, raid5 config
1 year warranty
$3148

i really like the idea of the power house but its really big and the battery probably only lasts like one-two hours. i need battery life for two-three hours at least and i want a smaller laptop thats why i instantly fell in love with g55vw
this is going to be laptop for college so i really need help deciding guys! thanks so much! :hello:
12 answers Last reply
More about best gaming laptop asus sager
  1. First of all,don't post about pirated software(even as a joke),it doesn't fit the forum rules,had to edit your post.
    Anyway,between the first 2,the Sager one is overall a better choice because of having a better GPU.
    As for the last one,well no one can tell you how games will look in 2013/2014 and the word "future-proof" basically means nothing because you don't know how things will change but from a "Personal" experience,I recommend going with a single GPU instead of SLI.(mainly because of the drivers)

An alternative to the first 2 options would be the MSI GT70.It's got a better battery life than the 9150 and on-par(maybe slightly better) with the G55
  2. Maziar said:
    First of all,don't post about pirated software(even as a joke),it doesn't fit the forum rules,had to edit your post.
    Anyway,between the first 2,the Sager one is overall a better choice because of having a better GPU.
    As for the last one,well no one can tell you how games will look in 2013/2014 and the word "future-proof" basically means nothing because you don't know how things will change but from a "Personal" experience,I recommend going with a single GPU instead of SLI.(mainly because of the drivers)

An alternative to the first 2 options would be the MSI GT70.It's got a better battery life than the 9150 and on-par(maybe slightly better) with the G55

don't like msi cuz its the pretty much the same specs except i hate the way it looks. i think ima go with the g55...
  3. I would choose the sager, much better performance hands down. If you really care about looks why not just get a mbp, then you'll look cool with all the hipsters?
  4. in soviet russia we call them kneesters.
    :pfff:
    i'd rather build a laptop out of my own *** then buy a mbp :fou:
  5. bavman said:
    I would choose the sager, much better performance hands down. If you really care about looks why not just get a mbp, then you'll look cool with all the hipsters?

Macbook Pro? Really?
  6. Hey hes the one that wants the asus just because it looks better
  7. Yeah, but Macbook pro is gonna be overpriced and probably not nearly the bang for the buck. And you still get Mac OS X. I mean cmon, just install linux.
  8. ....it was supposed to be a joke. oh well. I'll use my html skills next time:

<sarcasm> </sarcasm>
  9. bavman said:
    Hey hes the one that wants the asus just because it looks better

sorry i didn't know it was wrong for someone to like something because of its looks. especially when i'm spending thousands of dollars it matters what it looks like kind of like a car. would you buy a sports car with rust and a fucked up paint job and it looks like a piece of ***? maybe you should go out and look at some sexy females? you probably haven't done that in a while. then you should know where i'm coming from, unless you're gay.
  10. c0mrade said:
    sorry i didn't know it was wrong for someone to like something because of its looks. maybe you should go out and look at some sexy females? you probably haven't done that in a while. then you should know where i'm coming from, unless you're gay.

Ehh apples and oranges. Obviously I'm not gonna go for a fugly girl, but I really don't care what my computer/laptop looks like as long as im getting what I want in terms of performance. For example, I just installed an ssd in my desktop but I dont have enough harddrive trays till I order a 5.25'' to 2.5'' bay, so its just sitting on my desk with the side of my tower open...but I dont even care.
  11. If possible, I would go with the 7970m instead of the 670m or 675m. It will be much faster and will be more efficient. For $200 it is a great deal.
    It is about a powerful as a 580m SLI (and uses half the power)
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7970M.72675.0.html
  12. whyso said:
    If possible, I would go with the 7970m instead of the 670m or 675m. It will be much faster and will be more efficient. For $200 it is a great deal.
    It is about a powerful as a 580m SLI (and uses half the power)
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7970M.72675.0.html

thats what i was gonna do after checking out the reviews on it. ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Laptops