IE Restrictions? Tools / Internet Options / Error??

I am running Internet Explorer 6.0.29 Sp2. When I select Tools / Internet
Options -- I get an error message - " This operation has been cancelled due
to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator".

I am the only "User" on the system and when I go to Control Panel / User
Accounts -- I (the only account ) am identified as "Computer
Administrator".

How do I "un-restrict" the Internet Options function?

Thanks, Dick

"Restrictions" error while opening Internet Options
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#Restrictions

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:fPX4e.529916$w62.339093@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net,
Dick Harrison <RLHar@att.net> hunted and pecked:
> I am running Internet Explorer 6.0.29 Sp2. When I select Tools / Internet
> Options -- I get an error message - " This operation has been cancelled
> due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your
> system administrator".
>
> I am the only "User" on the system and when I go to Control Panel / User
> Accounts -- I (the only account ) am identified as "Computer
> Administrator".
>
> How do I "un-restrict" the Internet Options function?
>
> Thanks, Dick

Wes, the Ctl Panel / Internet Options work around works great.

I am not technically competent enough to try to correct via the
"NoBrowserOptions" registry key modification -- I would probably lose my
entire system.

I am running Spybot S&D ( I think there was an update to this in the last
day or two). I do not understand how to "disable" it and if it is disabled
with the function work for IE? Is this another "work around" ie - disable
S&D and then enable it?

Did I do something to mess up the NoBrowserOptions or ???

I would like to fix it permanently -- suggestions?

Thanks, Dick
> "Restrictions" error while opening Internet Options
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#Restrictions
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:fPX4e.529916$w62.339093@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net,
> Dick Harrison <RLHar@att.net> hunted and pecked:
>> I am running Internet Explorer 6.0.29 Sp2. When I select Tools /
>> Internet
>> Options -- I get an error message - " This operation has been cancelled
>> due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your
>> system administrator".
>>
>> I am the only "User" on the system and when I go to Control Panel / User
>> Accounts -- I (the only account ) am identified as "Computer
>> Administrator".
>>
>> How do I "un-restrict" the Internet Options function?
>>
>> Thanks, Dick

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Have a look here..
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/24.html

"Dick Harrison" <RLHar@att.net> wrote in message
| Wes, the Ctl Panel / Internet Options work around works great.
|
| I am not technically competent enough to try to correct via the
| "NoBrowserOptions" registry key modification -- I would probably
lose my
| entire system.
|
| I am running Spybot S&D ( I think there was an update to this in the
last
| day or two). I do not understand how to "disable" it and if it is
disabled
| with the function work for IE? Is this another "work around" ie -
disable
| S&D and then enable it?
|
| Did I do something to mess up the NoBrowserOptions or ???
|
| I would like to fix it permanently -- suggestions?
|
| Thanks, Dick
| "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
| > "Restrictions" error while opening Internet Options
| > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#Restrictions
| >
| > --
| > Hope this helps. Let us know.
| >
| > Wes
| > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| >
| > In
| > Dick Harrison <RLHar@att.net> hunted and pecked:
| >> I am running Internet Explorer 6.0.29 Sp2. When I select Tools /
| >> Internet
| >> Options -- I get an error message - " This operation has been
cancelled
| >> due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact
your
| >> system administrator".
| >>
| >> I am the only "User" on the system and when I go to Control Panel
/ User
| >> Accounts -- I (the only account ) am identified as "Computer
| >> Administrator".
| >>
| >> How do I "un-restrict" the Internet Options function?
| >>
| >> Thanks, Dick

Ricky, -- I had the setting in IE Tweaks selected -- unselecting correct
the problem.

Thanks, Dick

"Ricky" <rsjoiner@no_spambellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Have a look here..
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/24.html
>
> "Dick Harrison" <RLHar@att.net> wrote in message
> | Wes, the Ctl Panel / Internet Options work around works great.
> |
> | I am not technically competent enough to try to correct via the
> | "NoBrowserOptions" registry key modification -- I would probably
> lose my
> | entire system.
> |
> | I am running Spybot S&D ( I think there was an update to this in the
> last
> | day or two). I do not understand how to "disable" it and if it is
> disabled
> | with the function work for IE? Is this another "work around" ie -
> disable
> | S&D and then enable it?
> |
> | Did I do something to mess up the NoBrowserOptions or ???
> |
> | I would like to fix it permanently -- suggestions?
> |
> | Thanks, Dick
> | "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> | > "Restrictions" error while opening Internet Options
> | > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#Restrictions
> | >
> | > --
> | > Hope this helps. Let us know.
> | >
> | > Wes
> | > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> | >
> | > In
> | > Dick Harrison <RLHar@att.net> hunted and pecked:
> cancelled
> your

> / User

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

You're welcome..glad it helped. :)

| Ricky, -- I had the setting in IE Tweaks selected -- unselecting
correct
| the problem.
|
| Thanks, Dick
|

| "Ricky" <rsjoiner@no_spambellsouth.net> wrote in message
| > Have a look here..
| > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/24.html
| >
| > "Dick Harrison" <RLHar@att.net> wrote in message
| > | Wes, the Ctl Panel / Internet Options work around works great.
| > |
| > | I am not technically competent enough to try to correct via the
| > | "NoBrowserOptions" registry key modification -- I would probably
| > lose my
| > | entire system.
| > |
| > | I am running Spybot S&D ( I think there was an update to this in
the
| > last
| > | day or two). I do not understand how to "disable" it and if it
is
| > disabled
| > | with the function work for IE? Is this another "work around"
ie -
| > disable
| > | S&D and then enable it?
| > |
| > | Did I do something to mess up the NoBrowserOptions or ???
| > |
| > | I would like to fix it permanently -- suggestions?
| > |
| > | Thanks, Dick
| > | "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message

Tools /