ATI 2700 & Pink Bands

Guyon

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2003
I bought a ATI RADEON 9700 PRO 128MB on ebay. Sometimes it works great for days, then other times I get wide pink bands running down my screen. I may take 1 to 25 reboots to fix it. I have an Avitron monitor, but trying another monitor I get the same banding. Any suggestions? I have tried the most current Driver and the previous one.

cleeve

Illustrious
Might be a heat problem.

But it sounds like the card itself may be dying...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I know the source of your problem: You bought the card on eBay. It's the place everyone I know unloads their junk.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
yea

ebay is where everyone sells their video cards that wont operate at normal operating temps ( meaning, in a case that has one or less fans, because thats what manufactureers incude)

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
dhlucke - "Phew...ok my wrists are hurting. I'm taking a break."

Guyon

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2003
OK you Guys are pretty smart. i did get the card form ebay but, I had the guy replace it with a second one and got different problems (high artifacing). So I finally went out and bought a factory fresh 9600XT, which was all I could afford, and it is running solid, crisp and sharp.
Nice Call guys.