Good gaming laptops for under 600

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Skywarp_

Honorable
May 16, 2012
1. What is your budget?

around $300-450 -- I am planning on buying it on Black Friday so I could possibly get a laptop that is cheeper then the usual price.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

11-inch is the smallest I am going.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

I dont care

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

portable C:

5. How much battery life do you need?

Something longer then an hour.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Steam games:
Team fortress 2, Portal, Half life Ect.
Minecraft

What ever pops up, multiplayer online games.
--all I would like High, but medium works for me too.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Somewhat school work, but other then that I am an artist so something that can support Photoshop or Paint tool Sai

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

I want something large, but it doesnt always mater b/c I could get someone on give me a larger hardrive.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

I prefer to buy it new -- or like new. I prefer for a place I can buy it from [places around South east Wisconsin]

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

At least 2 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

I dont quite care but having a DVD player would be nice.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like
and explain the reasons.

I have no preference

13. What country do you live in?

USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Expecting medium to high settings at that price point, even on black friday, is unrealistically optimistic. If you played exclusively games that have been out several years, you could get playable framerates, but anything modern is going to be a slideshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.