Can't right click and rename a folder

It is named new folder and when I right click re-name is not an option

also if I highlight the folder and then go up to file rename is greyed out
so I can't select it???
2 answers Last reply
More about click rename folder

    Does pressing F2 do anything with the folder highlighted.
    Neil
    "KingNai" <KingNai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It is named new folder and when I right click re-name is not an option
    >
    > also if I highlight the folder and then go up to file rename is greyed out
    > so I can't select it???

    What is the name of the file?

    Right click the file and select Properties. What are the file
    attributes?

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "KingNai" <KingNai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It is named new folder and when I right click re-name is not an option
    >
    > also if I highlight the folder and then go up to file rename is greyed
    > out
    > so I can't select it???

Support Microsoft Windows XP