Building cabinet with TV

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hi all.

I'm currently planning to build a non-mame cabinet
with a TV as monitor.
My question is do I need anything else besides the tv,
jamma harness, pcb's, cp and a switching power supply?

I read the article on wiring AC at Bob Roberts page
(http://homearcade.org/BBBB/)
about using an isolation transformer, ac fil´ter, etc..
But these thing seems to be more related to using a arcade
monitor.
Since the tv and possibly the marquee light will just be
connected to a regular wall socket using normal connections.

Am I correct in assuming this? Don't have much knowledge
about electrical stuff so I thought I would check up on this.

Thank you /T

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Also need an RGB to NTSC Converter

<tedronai@infoseek.jp> wrote in message
Hi all.

I'm currently planning to build a non-mame cabinet
with a TV as monitor.
My question is do I need anything else besides the tv,
jamma harness, pcb's, cp and a switching power supply?

I read the article on wiring AC at Bob Roberts page
(http://homearcade.org/BBBB/)
about using an isolation transformer, ac fil´ter, etc..
But these thing seems to be more related to using a arcade
monitor.
Since the tv and possibly the marquee light will just be
connected to a regular wall socket using normal connections.

Am I correct in assuming this? Don't have much knowledge
about electrical stuff so I thought I would check up on this.

Thank you /T

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

What are you planning on using for a game? One of the consoles like
XBox or PS2 or Dreamcast or are you going to use a traditional arcade
boardset?

IF the first, you won't need an ntsc converter. If the latter, you
will. I've seen a few cabs with the dreamcast system installed and they
looked pretty cool and were probably a little more reliable than the
original games were.

Pat D.

tedronai@infoseek.jp wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm currently planning to build a non-mame cabinet
> with a TV as monitor.
> My question is do I need anything else besides the tv,
> jamma harness, pcb's, cp and a switching power supply?
>
> I read the article on wiring AC at Bob Roberts page
> (http://homearcade.org/BBBB/)
> about using an isolation transformer, ac fil´ter, etc..
> But these thing seems to be more related to using a arcade
> monitor.
> Since the tv and possibly the marquee light will just be
> connected to a regular wall socket using normal connections.
>
> Am I correct in assuming this? Don't have much knowledge
> about electrical stuff so I thought I would check up on this.
>
> Thank you /T

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

yeah I wouldnt mind putting my dreamcast and house of the dead into a
cabinet!!! that would be fun!!

--
AF

"Pat Danis" <patdanis@NOSPAMverizon.net> wrote in message
> What are you planning on using for a game? One of the consoles like
> XBox or PS2 or Dreamcast or are you going to use a traditional arcade
> boardset?
>
> IF the first, you won't need an ntsc converter. If the latter, you
> will. I've seen a few cabs with the dreamcast system installed and they
> looked pretty cool and were probably a little more reliable than the
> original games were.
>
> Pat D.
>
> tedronai@infoseek.jp wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I'm currently planning to build a non-mame cabinet
> > with a TV as monitor.
> > My question is do I need anything else besides the tv,
> > jamma harness, pcb's, cp and a switching power supply?
> >
> > I read the article on wiring AC at Bob Roberts page
> > (http://homearcade.org/BBBB/)
> > about using an isolation transformer, ac fil´ter, etc..
> > But these thing seems to be more related to using a arcade
> > monitor.
> > Since the tv and possibly the marquee light will just be
> > connected to a regular wall socket using normal connections.
> >
> > Am I correct in assuming this? Don't have much knowledge
> > about electrical stuff so I thought I would check up on this.
> >
> > Thank you /T

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Since I live in Europe my TV has rgb scart so that wont be a problem.
Thnx for the input =)

/T

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

forgot to say that I will be building a classic jamma cab
with switchable pcb's.

/T