Windows Explorer

I was trying to get into my Control Panel, but when i try to, a message comes
up says: Windows Explorer has encourntered a program and needs to close. We
are sorry for the incovenience"

I don't why this is happening. The only thing i have had done, is install a
web cam on my computer...could this be the problem, this message didn't start
coming until after i installed the web cam????

Do i have a virus on my computer? What can i do???????

thanks
--
Rose78

Ras

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003

You might try reading through this to see if it looks like the same problem:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20984530.html

"Rose78" <Rose78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was trying to get into my Control Panel, but when i try to, a message
>comes
> up says: Windows Explorer has encourntered a program and needs to close.
> We
> are sorry for the incovenience"
>
> I don't why this is happening. The only thing i have had done, is install
> web cam on my computer...could this be the problem, this message didn't
> start
> coming until after i installed the web cam????
>
> Do i have a virus on my computer? What can i do???????
>
> thanks
> --
> Rose78

First off They arent really sorry LOL
Try restoring the PC to before you installed that software to see if it
fixes it. If it does see if there is a newer version of the software
"Rose78" <Rose78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was trying to get into my Control Panel, but when i try to, a message
comes
> up says: Windows Explorer has encourntered a program and needs to close.
We
> are sorry for the incovenience"
>
> I don't why this is happening. The only thing i have had done, is install
> web cam on my computer...could this be the problem, this message didn't
start
> coming until after i installed the web cam????
>
> Do i have a virus on my computer? What can i do???????
>
> thanks
> --
> Rose78

Hi

Well i uninstalled the web cam, and everything seems to be ok now. But why
was it doing it? If that message keeps coming up when i have the web cam
installed, then whats the point of having the web cam.

Can someone tell me why is was happening, how i can fix it?????