Currently am trying to instally my iphone/mobile software (after a format) to update its firmware.
* Have installed itunes/quicktime x64.
* Have removed the complete itunes/quicktime apps. from c:\, registry and add/remove programs obviously.. rebooted, reinstalled..
* have made sure i have full control to usbstor.inf, usbstor.pnf (windows/inf)..
* have edited the group policy.. computer config > admin templates > system > device installation > device installation restrictions > enabled 'allow admin to override device installation restriction policies'
* i AM the admin/only account on this pc
* This pc is not part of any domain...
* i have added the file usbaapl.sys to both windows/system32/drivers and windows/inf..
* i have extracted the itunesx64 installer with winrar and solely removed/run 'AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi'
* i have checked the registry controls for usb in HKLM > system > currentcontrolset > services > USBSTOR.. checked to make sure the 'Start' value is 3 and not 4 aka not blocking it. value is set at 3.
Basically i am running out of ideas...
This has happened i would say sometime after format. (half a week ago) not sure as to when.
Am about to run a full virus/spyware scan but somehow don't see this being the issue as i haven't downloaded anything.
System restore is a last resort and i do not even want to think about this option. There should be a fix for this but stuffed if i can find it.. Any help is appreciated..
Thx in advance.
More about :iphone hardware installation prevented policy