Help with new monitor install

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I just got a new monitor from Happ.

The 19"CGA monitor I would like to put in a Karate Champ Game

I have 5 wires coming off the board R/G/B/Sync/Ground

The new monitor has all these but what looks like 2 sync wires
v/s and h/s should I just attach these two wires to the one
sync wires coming off the karate champ board.

Plus I do not have a manual for karate champ but got a copy
off the internet. The manual off the internet says for example
that green is coming from position 14 when it is actually a
blue wire. Should I go with the color of the wire or what
the manual off the internet says?

thanks

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Go by what the pinout tells you. The old monitor connector is probably
still there and should be

Red
Green
Blue
Ground

and then one or two Sync lines going to either Pos or Neg sync. Some games
actually wired the RGB wires to match the color they were sending, but many
didn't. The actual colors of the wire may not mean anything. If you go by
what the pinout states, you'll leave alot less room for error. I had a KC
but I can't recall what the wires looked like.

Scott