boellebob

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004
What use is video-in on a card like ASUS Radeon 9600 XT/TVD, when there are no tuner on the card, like there are on the AIW cards.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by boellebob on 01/20/04 12:07 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

cleeve

Illustrious
"What use is a tuner when there is no tuner?"

What the hell kind of question is that?

cleeve

Illustrious
That's better.

The use is Video editing. Capture, viewing, etc.

Here's a question right back at you;

"What use is a tuner on an AIW card if you have satelite or digital cable (I have both)?"

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

cleeve

Illustrious
"What use is a video card if I have a television?"

:lol:

What use is a television if I have no eyes? :eek:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

cleeve

Illustrious
Does GeneticWeapon wear pants?

You CANNOT do direct digital recording with the ANOLOGUE tuner input of an AIW, you can convert that from analog to digital. It may be a digital tuner version of the tuner card, but it is still grabing the analogue signal. The final recording is AFTER it has been converted TWICE then for someone with a digital dish/cable box.

And the coaxial quality would be sub-par when compared to the S-Video (or even RCA) inputs of a VIVO enabled card (which yes the AIWs also have).

So you still have no good explination of what use that TV tuner is to somone who does not have analog cable (or antanae big enough to make over the air worthwhile).

What are these P-A-N-T-S you speak of and how do they improve my vision? :cool: <- Dark Glasses