bootable xp disk and bios settings

Tags:
  • BIOS
  • Floppy Disk
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
June 12, 2003 8:40:38 PM

I have Nero burner and I've already make a bootable cd for win 9x, but wxp pro bootable are different, I already have downloaded the bootable software from MS for wxp pro and have made the 6 floppy's, I'm thinking of using Nero bootable cd utility and copying the 6 floppy's then burn the stuff,but I'm not sure if this is the correct way to go. The second question is: In the bios settings, when I set the bios option 1, from floppy to cd rom, do I also change the settings of the cd rom which is option 3, to floppy or there is no need to, it seems to me that if one doesn't do that, the cd rom won't load up. Thanks..

Nirvana is here and now, it's the mind that's elsewhere

More about : bootable disk bios settings

June 12, 2003 11:37:30 PM

If your computer can boot from cd, then you don't need the 6 floppies.

My Daddy used to tell me:
<b>It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid,
then it is to open your mouth and prove it.</b>
I never was good at taking advice!
June 13, 2003 2:41:11 AM

<b><A HREF="http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=160" target="_new"><font color=blue>Creating WinXP CD by Nero</A></b></font color=blue>
You can ignore the part that show how to integrate Service Pack if your XP is already has.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
Related resources
June 13, 2003 2:45:31 AM

Quote:
The second question is: In the bios settings, when I set the bios option 1, from floppy to cd rom, do I also change the settings of the cd rom which is option 3, to floppy or there is no need to, it seems to me that if one doesn't do that, the cd rom won't load up.

If your comp can't boot from CD if it is set after floppy, change it to first boot.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
June 13, 2003 3:51:07 AM

Quote:
If your comp can't boot from CD if it is set after floppy, change it to first boot.

Yes.

Set the bios to boot from cd (first) if you already have an operating system on your computer. If you don't have an O/S, then it doesn't really matter, as long as your cd is somewhere in the boot sequence.

My Daddy used to tell me:
<b>It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid,
then it is to open your mouth and prove it.</b>
I never was good at taking advice!
June 13, 2003 7:00:16 AM

Thanks Khha4113 that link is excellent a bit complicated but it'll do, although I understand that there is more than one way of doing this, and of course I'm looking for a simpler way, or less convoluted than what is proposed in that site...

Nirvana is here and now, it's the mind that's elsewhere
!