Super Basketball help needed

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I just got a Super Basketball PCB off ebay, and I've having some problems.
I don't know if the board was bad to start with, but when I connected it,
all I got was a blue screen with 0's. I tried the test button, thinking
that it might be in test mode, but nothing.

I can't blame the seller, as it is a non-Jamma pinout and I had to go from a
diagram I downloaded, but I haven't had any problems working with any other
boards.

The other question is there doesn't appear to be a video ground in the
pinout diagram. Is that right?

Help!

mjbok@nospamyahoo.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Blue Zero's show up in mame also as it boots up. Konami's are sometimes
sensitive to 5v, check the 5v's and maybe give it a few ticks more to see if
it boots up.

In rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace Joe Toro <1@2.3> wrote:
: I just got a Super Basketball PCB off ebay, and I've having some problems.
: I don't know if the board was bad to start with, but when I connected it,
: all I got was a blue screen with 0's. I tried the test button, thinking
: that it might be in test mode, but nothing.

I've got tested/working Super Bastketball PCBs and PCB-baed Jamma adapters
for SB amd all of hte other similar konami titles FS.

Sounds like your board's hanging up in self test.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu