ntldr still missing after troubleshooting fix

Hi, I have been researching and troubleshooting this "ntldr is missing" error
for days now and i tried:
booting up using the windows xp cd and did a repair and copied the ntldr and
ntdetect.com from cd to HDD.
I still get the error "ntldr is missing - press any key to restart." when I
do press a key to restart It takes me to the boot options ie. safe mode, last
known....,normal.
I tried all of these options after the repair process and none were
successful.

Safe Mode starts to list files in \winnt\sytem32 and \winnt\system32\drivers
then stops listing the files and automatically reboots back to the ntldr
error.

Last Known Configuration and Normal boot options make it to the black
Windows XP loading screen then loads a few seconds then a blue screen flashes
very quickly then it reboots back to the ntldr error.

I can simply wipe the damn thing out and reinstall but I'd rather try to
solve this problem due to some important files I need. If we figure out how
to get booted up again believe me I'm going to start backing up my files more
often.

So if there's any very gifted individuals out there that can help me solve
this. your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ras

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003

Try this: Boot to a Windows XP CD, then press "R" to enter the Recovery
Console. Copy X:i386NTLDR & X:NTDETECT.COM (Where X is your CD drive) to C:

Then Reboot

"Brian Nicholas" <BrianNicholas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]

> \winnt\system32\drivers
> then stops listing the files and automatically reboots back to the ntldr
> error.
>
> Last Known Configuration and Normal boot options make it to the black
> Windows XP loading screen then loads a few seconds then a blue screen
> flashes
> very quickly then it reboots back to the ntldr error.
>
> I can simply wipe the damn thing out and reinstall but I'd rather try to
> solve this problem due to some important files I need. If we figure out
> how
> to get booted up again believe me I'm going to start backing up my files
> more
> often.
>
> So if there's any very gifted individuals out there that can help me solve
> this. your assistance will be highly appreciated.

I have seen bad ram and also a bad hard drive and/or corrupted files cause
this. Boot from the CD to the recovery console and run chkdsk /p. Also go to
www.memtest.org and get memtest86 and test the ram.

Kerry

NTLDR Missing