auto starting

April 6, 2005 10:45:03 PM

I've noticed my computer auto starting at times, on about five minutes then
off again. I worry about someone trying to get into my computer. I run
norton's about once a week, no virus detected. Just don,t know what it's
doing, or how to find out. I just recently got DSL it's on all the time.That
is what's worrying me.
I'm pretty sure it's not Norton's update.

THX

More about : auto starting

April 7, 2005 5:47:14 AM

In news:D 86C72A7-AF4E-484F-9313-C8B872061206@microsoft.com,
BJPSG <BJPSG@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I've noticed my computer auto starting at times, on about five
> minutes then off again. I worry about someone trying to get into my
> computer. I run norton's about once a week, no virus detected. Just
> don,t know what it's doing, or how to find out. I just recently got
> DSL it's on all the time.That is what's worrying me.
> I'm pretty sure it's not Norton's update.
>

> THX

Good call, try a spyware check?

Take a peek at this link:
http://groups.msn.com/windowsxpcentral/spyware.msnw

Galen
April 7, 2005 8:07:01 AM

If you mean that you've shutdown your computer completely and it's restarting
of it's own accord, it could be a setting in your BIOS. Some BIOSes have an
Auto On or like feature, supposedly useful for ppl who work...have a look
there...hopefully it's nothing worse than that...

!