ATI 9600SE

kambro

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2004
Just installed and configured a new 9600se with my gigabyte MB and AMD 2700+ chipset. The catalyst install does give me some errors like others I have seen on this board, but the install does complete successfully. The problem is when I try to play any game (max payne, MOH, Links) the startup happens fine and it see's that I have a 3D card, but once its ready to actually start a new game, the "flicker" happens and it just exits to my desktop with no error or help what so ever. I have tried multiple versions of the driver to no avail...any of you genuises have issues like this? I know...Im an idiot. Help!
Kambro

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
Try Driver Cleaner, it's a freeware that can uninstall all the "old" drivers from your current and old graphic card. This might help...

Driver Cleaner 2.7 download :
<A HREF="http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3214.html" target="_new">http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3214.html</A>

--
Would you buy a GPS enabled soap bar?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheRod on 01/20/04 03:15 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

kambro

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2004
This is a new system built from scratch, so the only other driver on there should be the generic VGA driver. Does this matter? or do you think its the old version of the catalyst driver thats causing the problem? Thanks for the help

cleeve

Illustrious
Try removing SMARTGART in the Catalyst driver panel.

Yeah I'd agree with Cleeve. Try going into the smartgart tab in the control panel, and disable fastwrites.

See what that does.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: