install missing in context menu

Someone once led me to a site with a patch to repair the missing inf Install
in the context menu. does anyone know it?
4 answers Last reply
More about install missing context menu

    You'll need the .INF association fix, that you can download from Doug's
    site:
    www.dougknox.com

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Someone once led me to a site with a patch to repair the missing inf
    > Install in the context menu. does anyone know it?

    Yep, that was it. Thank you. I looked through all my favorites and went to
    that site a couple of times and could not find the fix. But I found it this
    time.

    --
    Sussertown

    "Eliminate annoying spam!
    My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

    http://www.ihatespam.net

    > You'll need the .INF association fix, that you can download from Doug's
    > site:
    > www.dougknox.com
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >> Someone once led me to a site with a patch to repair the missing inf
    >> Install in the context menu. does anyone know it?

    Well, I thought that would work, but it didn't. I have it working on another
    machine and I thought that this fix was the one that fixed it. But on my
    master machine, even with a reboot, there still is no install on the context
    menu.

    --

    "Asussertown" <DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Yep, that was it. Thank you. I looked through all my favorites and went to
    > that site a couple of times and could not find the fix. But I found it
    > this time.
    >
    > --
    > Sussertown

    > "Eliminate annoying spam!
    > My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."
    >
    > http://www.ihatespam.net

    >> You'll need the .INF association fix, that you can download from Doug's
    >> site:
    >> www.dougknox.com
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >>> Someone once led me to a site with a patch to repair the missing inf
    >>> Install in the context menu. does anyone know it?

    Sussertown,

    This was the fix I was referring to:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/xp_inf_assoc.zip

    Once merged to the registry, see if this key is created/present:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\inffile\shell\Install\command

    Click Start/Run and type REGEDIT to launch Registry Editor.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > Well, I thought that would work, but it didn't. I have it working on
    > another machine and I thought that this fix was the one that fixed it. But
    > on my master machine, even with a reboot, there still is no install on the
    > context menu.
    >
    > --
    > Sussertown

    > "Eliminate annoying spam!
    > My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."
    >
    > http://www.ihatespam.net
    >

    > "Asussertown" <DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >> Yep, that was it. Thank you. I looked through all my favorites and went
    >> to that site a couple of times and could not find the fix. But I found it
    >> this time.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Sussertown

    >> "Eliminate annoying spam!
    >> My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."
    >>
    >> http://www.ihatespam.net
    >>

    >> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> You'll need the .INF association fix, that you can download from Doug's
    >>> site:
    >>> www.dougknox.com
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >>> Windows XP Shell/User
    >>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>>

    >>> "Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message

Support Microsoft LED Monitor Windows XP