Local Network Icon

When I create a shortcut on my computer from a networked computer it is
showing up as a folder icon instead of a network icon. Does anyone know how
to correct this issue.

This is simple If you right click on the icon and go to properties you
should be able to use the change the icon button. You will see it there. If
it is blanked out then you are out of luck. Unless you map the drive and
then craete a shortcut to the desktop.
"Richardb" <Richardb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I create a shortcut on my computer from a networked computer it is
> showing up as a folder icon instead of a network icon. Does anyone know
how
> to correct this issue.

There is no change icon button. Any other suggestions?

"Mark Barrett" wrote:

> This is simple If you right click on the icon and go to properties you
> should be able to use the change the icon button. You will see it there. If
> it is blanked out then you are out of luck. Unless you map the drive and
> then craete a shortcut to the desktop.
> "Richardb" <Richardb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I create a shortcut on my computer from a networked computer it is
> > showing up as a folder icon instead of a network icon. Does anyone know
> how
> > to correct this issue.

Try creating a new shortcut to the network share to see if this will give
you the option to change the Icon. It works on my PC. Do this by right
clicking on your desktop and creating a new shortcut then type in the path.
This should work and then give you the option to change the icon. Beyond
this i dont have any further ideas. Let me know if this worked. Feel free to
Email me directly. markbarrett@mgbconsultinginc.com
> There is no change icon button. Any other suggestions?
>
> "Mark Barrett" wrote:
>
> > This is simple If you right click on the icon and go to properties you
> > should be able to use the change the icon button. You will see it there.
If
> > it is blanked out then you are out of luck. Unless you map the drive and
> > then craete a shortcut to the desktop.
> > "Richardb" <Richardb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I create a shortcut on my computer from a networked computer it
is
> > > showing up as a folder icon instead of a network icon. Does anyone
know
> > how
> > > to correct this issue.

I can change the icon but the network icon does not show in the icon list.
It is using system32.dll. Thanks

"Mark Barrett" wrote:

> Try creating a new shortcut to the network share to see if this will give
> you the option to change the Icon. It works on my PC. Do this by right
> clicking on your desktop and creating a new shortcut then type in the path.
> This should work and then give you the option to change the icon. Beyond
> this i dont have any further ideas. Let me know if this worked. Feel free to
> Email me directly. markbarrett@mgbconsultinginc.com
> "Richardb" <Richardb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There is no change icon button. Any other suggestions?
> >
> > "Mark Barrett" wrote:
> >
> > > This is simple If you right click on the icon and go to properties you
> > > should be able to use the change the icon button. You will see it there.
> If
> > > it is blanked out then you are out of luck. Unless you map the drive and
> > > then craete a shortcut to the desktop.
> > > "Richardb" <Richardb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is
> know
> > > how

Ok thats easy the path for the other icons is as follows:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll you will find them at that location. So when
you go to change Icon the path will be listed at the top. Browse to the new
dll i gave you. This should do it. But did my method work with creating a
new shortcut? I am assuming it did.

> I can change the icon but the network icon does not show in the icon list.
> It is using system32.dll. Thanks
>
> "Mark Barrett" wrote:
>
> > Try creating a new shortcut to the network share to see if this will
give
> > you the option to change the Icon. It works on my PC. Do this by right
> > clicking on your desktop and creating a new shortcut then type in the
path.
> > This should work and then give you the option to change the icon. Beyond
> > this i dont have any further ideas. Let me know if this worked. Feel
free to
> > Email me directly. markbarrett@mgbconsultinginc.com
> > "Richardb" <Richardb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > There is no change icon button. Any other suggestions?

> > If
> > is
> > know

I ca n get to Shell32.dll but it does not have the Network Folder icon. Its
not important enough for us to bother with anymore. Thanks for your help!