computer freeze

if I use my computer after booting up it is possible sometimes for me to work
for as much as 2 hours before my computer freezes, sometimes it is less.
however , if I have to leave my PC for 20 minutes or so it will inevitably
lock up and I will have to re - start losing any unsaved work.

Any answers please

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

This sounds like a hardware problem to me...if not do the routine stuff like
scan for viruses/spyware...you could try reinstalling the base files from the
XP CD as a last resort (I assume you're running XP because you're in this
newsgroup).

"Malela" wrote:

> if I use my computer after booting up it is possible sometimes for me to work
> for as much as 2 hours before my computer freezes, sometimes it is less.
> however , if I have to leave my PC for 20 minutes or so it will inevitably
> lock up and I will have to re - start losing any unsaved work.
>
> Any answers please

Thanks Damo but I do not possess any XP CD's I bought the PC with
everything installed

"Malela" wrote:

> if I use my computer after booting up it is possible sometimes for me to work
> for as much as 2 hours before my computer freezes, sometimes it is less.
> however , if I have to leave my PC for 20 minutes or so it will inevitably
> lock up and I will have to re - start losing any unsaved work.
>
> Any answers please

could be:

powersaving issue, overheating issue, program issue (virus or error),
power supply fluxuation issue, or even ram issue.