Unable to logon !!!!

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I have automatic updates enabled on my laptop. (the laptop originally had XP
Home installed, but I upgraded to XP Pro).
One evening I let the update reboot the machine. I could not then log on.
At all. To anything!!

My administrator password is blank to my local machine. The error message is:

The system cannot log you on due to the following error:
The program issued a command but the command length is incorrect.
Please try again or contact your administrator.

I have tried logging on to my domain (with a proper password) but I get
exactly the same message.

I believe that I will have to reinstall XP but don't want to.

Any ideas... this is kinda urgent.

Many thanks

Steve

kmdavis

I had the same problem but think I mannaged to fix it by resetting the password and repairing the installation.

Hi

I receive the following error message when trying to log on to my pc running windows xp sp2.

The system cannot log you on due to the following error:
"The program issued a command but the command length is incorrect.
"Please try again or consult your administrator."

I have tried booting using last known good setting - problem persists
I receive the same message when trying to log on using safe mode.
I have removed the h.d.d and run scandisk as well as scanning for viruses - both did not find any problems.

I am now going to use win xp cd to reset the password to blank and then also restoring the system at the same time.

Has anyone had this problem with or know the solution?

orionistech

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
Hi all

I am having the same problem now... what, more than 5 years from the above post. Has anybody solved this yet? I need help badly...

Ditto below:
The system cannot log you on due to the following error:
"The program issued a command but the command length is incorrect.
"Please try again or consult your administrator."

I have tried booting using last known good setting - problem persists
I receive the same message when trying to log on using safe mode.

Thanks