Forgotten Password

April 7, 2005 9:09:04 AM

I am the administrator for my computer and I forgot what the new PW is. Can
I recover it somehow? Details Please! Help!

More about : forgotten password

Anonymous
April 7, 2005 5:51:13 PM

"Brnsknladi" <Brnsknladi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am the administrator for my computer and I forgot what the new PW is.
>Can
> I recover it somehow? Details Please! Help!

You will either have to logon using another account that is a member of the
Administrator local group and reset the password.
Or purchase one of the third party tools which claim to be able to reset the
password. (Use your favourite search engine to locate these)

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Brnsknladi" <Brnsknladi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am the administrator for my computer and I forgot what the new PW is.
>Can
> I recover it somehow? Details Please! Help!
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 7:56:12 PM

you might try this:

In XP Pro, when the Welcome Screen appears, enter Ctrl+Alt+Del (twice)
Use "Administrator" as the User Account and assume no password.

In XP Home, boot the computer into safe mode. Select the Administrator
Account assuming no password.

When logged into Windows using the Administrator account go to START>RUN and
type

control userpasswords2

select your username and click "Reset Password"

Then look at this article after resetting your password.

How to create and use a password reset disk for a computer that is not a
domain member in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305478

How to create and use a password reset disk for a computer in a domain in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306214

if this doesn't work for you, try
http://www.winternals.com/products/repairandrecovery/er...

if you don't want to format the above link will fix the problem, but will
cost money.

--
EasyFeelings
A+

"When your computer is working good, That's an EasyFeeling"
!