Cannot see Shared drive?

I have a WIn2000 PC running with a USB 2.0 to a external Harddrive on a home
LAN and I set the drive to "Share". But None of the PCs can see the Shared
drive. Even the PC that has the drive attached cant see it when looking at
Network.

The Shared drive is connected and works fine, the win2000 PC itself sees and
can write to the drive over USB. All the USB drivers are working and the
drive shows up in the device manager correctly as a USB device under
harddrives.

I am trying to use this drive as backup location for my home LAN. All other
PCs on LAN are XP. This is the only Win2000 OS.

Any thoughts on how I can get the drive to be network accessible?
Thanks!

"jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a WIn2000 PC running with a USB 2.0 to a external Harddrive on a
>home LAN and I set the drive to "Share". But None of the PCs can see the
>Shared drive. Even the PC that has the drive attached cant see it when
>looking at Network.
>
> The Shared drive is connected and works fine, the win2000 PC itself sees
> and can write to the drive over USB. All the USB drivers are working and
> the drive shows up in the device manager correctly as a USB device under
> harddrives.
>
> I am trying to use this drive as backup location for my home LAN. All
> other PCs on LAN are XP. This is the only Win2000 OS.
>
> Any thoughts on how I can get the drive to be network accessible?
> Thanks!

1) Are you running any firewalls (including XP's). Try disabling
2) Does your 'server' machine have a password? If not, add one

Tom