RV380 landing in Reviewers hands?

Can't read the linked article at work (no character sets), but according to this Inquirer article, a review site has it's hands on an RV380, which is the mid-range PCI-EX solution from ATI to replace the R9600Pro/XT.

<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13759" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13759</A>

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Dunno, but crash didn't get his R9600AIW until long after the R9600 came out.

I'll be waiting for early reviews. Woohoo! :cool:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I turn away parts that I don't have a platform to support. Sorry.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
they probably do have enginner samples, but they have that NDA thing?

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
never tried to go crazy when it comes to o/cing. THE rule of thumb: 5mhz at once plz

Yeah, but I hope to have a socket 939 board by then WITH pci-ex support.

That's my next step. I wish we had a better idea of what will be supported, because I'm not sure whether to sell my CORSAIR memory or not. Not enough info on the RV380/R42X or the Socket 939 solutions, just rumours.

And yes <b>CoolS</b>, it's likely the NDA (N-on D-isclosure A-greement), but by the same token engineering samples being given to reviewers is a good sign meaning very close to a finished product, they have something worthy of being benchmarked even if the release of that info is a month away.

Either way I want new Stuff!

Now gotta go to bed so I can ski tomorrow. Oh yeah, need new ski stuff too! :cool:

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
Well, if that's where you have the highest throughput, sure!

haha dont post stuff like that man

it makes it too obvious that im not working. (maening i laughed my [-peep-] ass off about 10 times louder than anyone was tlaking in the room)

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
haaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

its NOT a trojan. despite the PM's ive been recieveing regarding it

ive gotten a few PM's lately, so ill explian

lemme tell you what a trojan is:

basically , theres an anchient greek story of when a "statue on wheels" was given to this City due to the fact that they won a certain large battle (history buffs, dont mock me, i know this is sooo not factual). basically, the enemny they defeated had hidden some soldeirs inside the statue(a group called the "trojans" or something) , so when they wheeled their prize inside, they brought an elite team from the enemies base in as well

after dark , a secret door opened, and the team came out, and killed much of the winning team in their sleep. hence the name trojan

like trojan condoms. like slipping inside. hahaa

anyways.. a trojan virus is when a "secret file", or client file, is placed on your hard drive that allowed the "hacker" acess ot your computer.

my siggy simply exploits a weakness in windows/IE that allows multiple windows to be opened, and also exploits how any program can steal your "focus" and cause any input to be impossible. much like how when you get a pop up window, and when you clsoe it another opens before you click fast enough

trust me. theres no trojan

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
yea man

you scared the sh!t outta me that time when i woke up with you sitting beside my bed with your pants loose

-------

dhlucke

Polypheme
I though it was a giant rabbit, not a statue?!?!?!

What can I say, I go with whatever strikes me at the time. :wink:

I'll put a PHIAL warning label next time I think there may be issues for you. BTW, I sent your siggy to a few people at work, and so I probably know the replies you got. Freaking funny, cause I told them all (wait til you get home and have nothing else running you might lose. Of course no one waited, and all we pi$$ed off like it's all MY fault! :evil:

So I guess we're even. :lol:

Funny, I started out with a serious thread! What happened? :eek:

Maybe I should turn it into an XGI flame war to compete with the other thread. :evil:

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
There has to be actual XGI users here to have one of those!

<b>I help because you suck</b>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1819095" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>

No not really, simply start with the XGI is as craps as [ATI/nV]'s [X] product. There you go a flame war without actual XGI users. :evil:

Actually I think that would be fun if people didn't take it too seriously, heck we could add in all hardware vendors and products if we got bored.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
there's no point flaming XGI cause there's no XGI fanboys around!

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
never tried to go crazy when it comes to o/cing.
THGC's resident Asian and Graphics Forum's resident nVboy :D

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
2500 3dmark03 :/ THAT is VERY VERY LOW

My own beast: Athlon 2700xp+ (oc: 3200xp+ with 200fsb) , Radeon 9800pro (oc: 410/370) , 512mb ddr400. SO MUCH faster than my last computer (pIII 550......)