Solved

Torn between 2 laptops!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/5176239.p?id=1218621250769&skuId=5176239

Has i7-3610QM, NVIDIA GTX 660M,1TB hard drive (5400 rpm), costs 1250

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%22+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/4566495.p?id=1218492352640&skuId=4566495

Has 1TB hard drive capacity (500GB x 2; 7200 rpm), i7-2670QM processor, NVIDIA GTX 560M graphics, costs 1180.

Kinda confused which to get: Lower has 7200 rpm and costs 70 less BUT top has 660 and ivy bridge. Help me decide please! :) Thanks in advance.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about torn laptops
  1. Best answer
    Go with the first one,you can always change the HDD later
  2. Maziar said:
    Go with the first one,you can always change the HDD later

Sorry, I forgot to add something, I can't replace the hard drive. It's a very long story and I don't really want to explain it but please work off the assumption that I can't. Thanks for replying though!

:)
  3. twinshk2 said:
    Sorry, I forgot to add something, I can't replace the hard drive. It's a very long story and I don't really want to explain it but please work off the assumption that I can't. Thanks for replying though!

changing a HDD isnt hard, theres like less than 5 screws at the most for laptops.
  4. The first laptop is a fair bit better. there's always external storage if you absolutely cannot replace HDD (but seriously, its like changing the batteries in a gameboy)
  5. dudewitbow said:
    changing a HDD isnt hard, theres like less than 5 screws at the most for laptops.

It's not because I don't know how. Just trust me on this. Thanks for replying!

6. twinshk2 said:

My vote still goes to the first one
  7. Maziar said:
    My vote still goes to the first one

Bought it! Thanks for all of you guys' help!

8. Best answer selected by twinshk2.
  9. Mildly off topic, but I am absolutely amazed that manufacturers still use 5400rpm drives in systems they are dubbing "Gaming Machines". How much could they possibly be saving the end user?
  10. lostandwandering said:
    Mildly off topic, but I am absolutely amazed that manufacturers still use 5400rpm drives in systems they are dubbing "Gaming Machines". How much could they possibly be saving the end user?

I've been wondering the same.They must at least use a 7200RPM HDD or a combination of a fast HDD with a small capacity SSD.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Intel i7 Hard Drives Nvidia Laptops