Downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader

Hi,

Ive had acrobat reader 7.0 on my computer but recently it was
accidently deleted. I’ve tried downloading it from the adobe website
and download.com but when it finishes downloading it comes up with
this notice from adobe download manager or something and it has a box
saying it is waiting to connect and underneath says the estimated time
left but it’s blank and u can choose to cancel quit or pause but it
won’t actually connect and do what it’s tryin to do so the acrobat
reader isnt installed. I’ve never noticed the adobe download manager
before and i tried deleting it off the hardrive but it comes back
automatically. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Downloading-Adobe-Acrobat-Reader-ftopict354899.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1123251

Welcome to Adobe support:

www.adobe.com/support/main.html

--
steve

nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
remove _thenut_ to reach me

ali84 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ive had acrobat reader 7.0 on my computer but recently it was
> accidently deleted. I’ve tried downloading it from the adobe website
> and download.com but when it finishes downloading it comes up with
> this notice from adobe download manager or something and it has a box
> saying it is waiting to connect and underneath says the estimated time
> left but it’s blank and u can choose to cancel quit or pause but it
> won’t actually connect and do what it’s tryin to do so the acrobat
> reader isnt installed. I’ve never noticed the adobe download manager
> before and i tried deleting it off the hardrive but it comes back
> automatically. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

I don't know if this is related, but a couple weeks ago I tried to download
the installation file (~15MB) via my home dial-up, and it always just quit
when about 75% done. I finally had to get it from my work intranet instead.
I was not using the Adobe Download Manager but I was trying to get it
directly from the Adobe site.

You should be able to remove the Adobe Download Manager from Add/Remove
program. I've always felt that just gets in the way of simply downloading
stuff.

--
Gregg C.