The last thing I did last night on my computer was run a virus scan. This
morning when I signed on I goet a CS Host message pop-up. It says Error
number = -2146827859. Description = Automation Server can't create object
message = Automation Server can't create object. I can't get rid of it and I
can't use the delete key. I have difficulty closer applications. I've tried
just a restart and a coldstart. Any ideas anyone? Thanks. Oops! I'm using
XP home edition with SP2.

I was just looking at the issue that you had with your computer and I have
the same problem. Same CS Host message...not able to use the delete key or
tab...can't close out of the internet. If you have found a repair can you
please let me know.

Thanks

"Sommer" wrote:

> The last thing I did last night on my computer was run a virus scan. This
> morning when I signed on I goet a CS Host message pop-up. It says Error
> number = -2146827859. Description = Automation Server can't create object
> message = Automation Server can't create object. I can't get rid of it and I
> can't use the delete key. I have difficulty closer applications. I've tried
> just a restart and a coldstart. Any ideas anyone? Thanks. Oops! I'm using
> XP home edition with SP2.

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Do you use Comet Cursor? If so this may help..
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=435142

"Cara" <Cara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I was just looking at the issue that you had with your computer and I
have
| the same problem. Same CS Host message...not able to use the delete
key or
| tab...can't close out of the internet. If you have found a repair
can you
| please let me know.
|
| Thanks
|
| "Sommer" wrote:
|
| > The last thing I did last night on my computer was run a virus
scan. This
| > morning when I signed on I goet a CS Host message pop-up. It says
Error
| > number = -2146827859. Description = Automation Server can't
create object
| > message = Automation Server can't create object. I can't get rid
of it and I
| > can't use the delete key. I have difficulty closer applications.
I've tried
| > just a restart and a coldstart. Any ideas anyone? Thanks. Oops!
I'm using
| > XP home edition with SP2.

I ended up going back to my most recent restore point and that fixed my
problem. I wasn't using Comet Cursor as far as I know. Whatever happened
the first time, hasn't returned.

"Cara" wrote:

> I was just looking at the issue that you had with your computer and I have
> the same problem. Same CS Host message...not able to use the delete key or
> tab...can't close out of the internet. If you have found a repair can you
> please let me know.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Sommer" wrote:
>
> > The last thing I did last night on my computer was run a virus scan. This
> > morning when I signed on I goet a CS Host message pop-up. It says Error
> > number = -2146827859. Description = Automation Server can't create object
> > message = Automation Server can't create object. I can't get rid of it and I
> > can't use the delete key. I have difficulty closer applications. I've tried
> > just a restart and a coldstart. Any ideas anyone? Thanks. Oops! I'm using
> > XP home edition with SP2.

lotz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005

I have the same message about "automation server can't create object" when I
try to access the computer information on the help and support section. I've
tried to restore and delete new files etc but no luck. Any solutions to this
would be appreciated. Thanks.

"Sommer" wrote:

> I ended up going back to my most recent restore point and that fixed my
> problem. I wasn't using Comet Cursor as far as I know. Whatever happened
> the first time, hasn't returned.
>
> "Cara" wrote:
>
> > I was just looking at the issue that you had with your computer and I have
> > the same problem. Same CS Host message...not able to use the delete key or
> > tab...can't close out of the internet. If you have found a repair can you
> > please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Sommer" wrote:
> >
> > > The last thing I did last night on my computer was run a virus scan. This
> > > morning when I signed on I goet a CS Host message pop-up. It says Error
> > > number = -2146827859. Description = Automation Server can't create object
> > > message = Automation Server can't create object. I can't get rid of it and I
> > > can't use the delete key. I have difficulty closer applications. I've tried
> > > just a restart and a coldstart. Any ideas anyone? Thanks. Oops! I'm using
> > > XP home edition with SP2.

"My Computer Information" has 4 to 5 links. Which particular area causes
this error?

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"lotz" <Lotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same message about "automation server can't create object" when
> try to access the computer information on the help and support section.
> I've
> tried to restore and delete new files etc but no luck. Any solutions to
> this
> would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> "Sommer" wrote:
>
>> I ended up going back to my most recent restore point and that fixed my
>> problem. I wasn't using Comet Cursor as far as I know. Whatever
>> happened
>> the first time, hasn't returned.
>>
>> "Cara" wrote:
>>
>> > I was just looking at the issue that you had with your computer and I
>> > have
>> > the same problem. Same CS Host message...not able to use the delete
>> > key or
>> > tab...can't close out of the internet. If you have found a repair can
>> > you
>> > please let me know.
>> >
>> > Thanks

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I am having the same problem when opening User Accounts appication with
administrator privileges. I get a screen with text but no icons. Selecting
'Change an Account' generates a new screen with the same error message and no
account icons. Page back generates an "Object Required" error message.

Chris

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> "My Computer Information" has 4 to 5 links. Which particular area causes
> this error?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "lotz" <Lotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same message about "automation server can't create object" when
> > try to access the computer information on the help and support section.
> > I've
> > tried to restore and delete new files etc but no luck. Any solutions to
> > this
> > would be appreciated. Thanks.
> >
> > "Sommer" wrote:
> >
> >> I ended up going back to my most recent restore point and that fixed my
> >> problem. I wasn't using Comet Cursor as far as I know. Whatever
> >> happened
> >> the first time, hasn't returned.

Chris,

>> 'Change an Account' generates a new screen with the same error message

What's the error message? Is that "automation server can't create object"

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

>I am having the same problem when opening User Accounts appication with
> administrator privileges. I get a screen with text but no icons.
> Selecting
> 'Change an Account' generates a new screen with the same error message and
> no
> account icons. Page back generates an "Object Required" error message.
>
> Chris
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> "My Computer Information" has 4 to 5 links. Which particular area causes
>> this error?
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "lotz" <Lotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the same message about "automation server can't create object"
>> >when
>> > try to access the computer information on the help and support section.
>> > I've
>> > tried to restore and delete new files etc but no luck. Any solutions to
>> > this
>> > would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Yes, after selecting "Change an account" the "Pick an account to change" page
displays with the error message - "automation server can't create object".
On the "Pick and account to chabge" page there are no user account icons and
no way to select an account to change. Going back-page to previous screen
generates the error message: "Object required"

Chris

Chris,

Try these commands from Start, Run:

regsvr32 /i mshtml
regsvr32 shgina

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> Yes, after selecting "Change an account" the "Pick an account to change"
> page
> displays with the error message - "automation server can't create object".
> On the "Pick and account to chabge" page there are no user account icons
> and
> no way to select an account to change. Going back-page to previous screen
> generates the error message: "Object required"
>
> Chris
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Chris,

>> What's the error message? Is that "automation server can't create
>> object"
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having the same problem when opening User Accounts appication with
>> > administrator privileges. I get a screen with text but no icons.
>> > Selecting
>> > 'Change an Account' generates a new screen with the same error message
>> > and
>> > no
>> > account icons. Page back generates an "Object Required" error message.
>> >
>> > Chris

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Ramesh-
registering shgina did the trick, thanks. Under what circumstances could
this have been broken or currupted?

Chris

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Try these commands from Start, Run:
>
> regsvr32 /i mshtml
> regsvr32 shgina
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, after selecting "Change an account" the "Pick an account to change"
> > page
> > displays with the error message - "automation server can't create object".
> > On the "Pick and account to chabge" page there are no user account icons
> > and
> > no way to select an account to change. Going back-page to previous screen
> > generates the error message: "Object required"
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Chris,

> >> What's the error message? Is that "automation server can't create
> >> object"
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Chris,

Glad that helped. No idea what caused this in the first place. BTW, do you
use a registry cleaner?

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> Ramesh-
> registering shgina did the trick, thanks. Under what circumstances could
> this have been broken or currupted?
>
> Chris
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Chris,
>>
>> Try these commands from Start, Run:
>>
>> regsvr32 /i mshtml
>> regsvr32 shgina
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, after selecting "Change an account" the "Pick an account to
>> > change"
>> > page
>> > displays with the error message - "automation server can't create
>> > object".
>> > On the "Pick and account to chabge" page there are no user account
>> > icons
>> > and
>> > no way to select an account to change. Going back-page to previous
>> > screen
>> > generates the error message: "Object required"
>> >
>> > Chris

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Ramesh-
no-do you suggest using one? if so what?

Chris

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Glad that helped. No idea what caused this in the first place. BTW, do you
> use a registry cleaner?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ramesh-
> > registering shgina did the trick, thanks. Under what circumstances could
> > this have been broken or currupted?
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Chris,
> >>
> >> Try these commands from Start, Run:
> >>
> >> regsvr32 /i mshtml
> >> regsvr32 shgina
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Chris,

>> do you suggest using one?

No, I don't recommend any. Registry cleaners are not perfect. Even the most
famous registry cleaner comits mistakes. An example would be a string like
this:

"c:\windows\system32\myfile.exe -openmax" "%1"

Registry cleaner flags this entry as "orphaned" wheras Myfile.exe is present
in that location. The mistake it does is that it parses the whole string
("c:\windows\system32\myfile.exe -openmax") and takes it as the file name.

Wondering how the shgina registration got corrupt in your system.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> Ramesh-
> no-do you suggest using one? if so what?
>
> Chris
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Chris,
>>
>> Glad that helped. No idea what caused this in the first place. BTW, do
>> you
>> use a registry cleaner?
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Ramesh-
>> > registering shgina did the trick, thanks. Under what circumstances
>> > could
>> > this have been broken or currupted?
>> >
>> > Chris

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Ramesh-
still don't have a clue and am not sure how long this had been going on.
thanks for the help in getting things running again.

Chris

You're welcome Chris.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> Ramesh-
> still don't have a clue and am not sure how long this had been going on.
> thanks for the help in getting things running again.
>
> Chris
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Chris,

>> No, I don't recommend any. Registry cleaners are not perfect. Even the
>> most
>> famous registry cleaner comits mistakes. An example would be a string
>> like
>> this:

lotz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005

I get the automation error when I access it from the performance and
maintenance section in windows help and support.
I am able to access msinfo from the system tools/programs menu but the
history is always faded out so I can't click on it.
"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> "My Computer Information" has 4 to 5 links. Which particular area causes
> this error?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "lotz" <Lotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same message about "automation server can't create object" when
> > try to access the computer information on the help and support section.
> > I've
> > tried to restore and delete new files etc but no luck. Any solutions to
> > this
> > would be appreciated. Thanks.
> >
> > "Sommer" wrote:
> >
> >> I ended up going back to my most recent restore point and that fixed my
> >> problem. I wasn't using Comet Cursor as far as I know. Whatever
> >> happened
> >> the first time, hasn't returned.

For the automation error in Help, try this command from Run:

regsvr32 wshom.ocx

--

>I get the automation error when I access it from the performance and
> maintenance section in windows help and support.
> I am able to access msinfo from the system tools/programs menu but the
> history is always faded out so I can't click on it.
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> "My Computer Information" has 4 to 5 links. Which particular area causes
>> this error?
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "lotz" <Lotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the same message about "automation server can't create object"
>> >when
>> > try to access the computer information on the help and support section.
>> > I've
>> > tried to restore and delete new files etc but no luck. Any solutions to
>> > this
>> > would be appreciated. Thanks.

lotz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005

That seems to of done the trick! Thanks thats brill. The only prob I still
have is that I can't access the system history on the msinfo as it's faded
out.
Thanks again for the help though.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> For the automation error in Help, try this command from Run:
>
> regsvr32 wshom.ocx
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Lotz" <Lotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I get the automation error when I access it from the performance and
> > maintenance section in windows help and support.
> > I am able to access msinfo from the system tools/programs menu but the
> > history is always faded out so I can't click on it.
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> "My Computer Information" has 4 to 5 links. Which particular area causes
> >> this error?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "lotz" <Lotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You're welcome. For the "history" issue, will look into that.

--

> That seems to of done the trick! Thanks thats brill. The only prob I still
> have is that I can't access the system history on the msinfo as it's faded
> out.
> Thanks again for the help though.
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> For the automation error in Help, try this command from Run:
>>
>> regsvr32 wshom.ocx
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Lotz" <Lotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I get the automation error when I access it from the performance and
>> > maintenance section in windows help and support.
>> > I am able to access msinfo from the system tools/programs menu but the
>> > history is always faded out so I can't click on it.
>> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

i get this error when i open a new page on the internet

can you help?