HELP RE BROADBAND CONNECTION

i have just connected to broadband but my connection keeps failing with a
mess age about usb bandwidth? i don't know what this means - do i need to
update my usb driver?
3 answers Last reply
More about help broadband connection

    Given the option of using either the USB or the Ethernet connection type,
    always choose the Ethernet connection. What does your ISP have to say about
    the problem?

    "shazamac" <shazamac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i have just connected to broadband but my connection keeps failing with a
    > mess age about usb bandwidth? i don't know what this means - do i need to
    > update my usb driver?

    Thanks for replying Kevin - Tiscali gave me the name of a website to update
    my USB? www.usbman.com - Tiscali say my USB is not strong enough? I think i
    have a 1.1?? I did as they said and downloaded the patch for my VIA USB and
    it seemed to work for a while but the problem has started up again - can you
    help?

    "Kevin" wrote:

    > Given the option of using either the USB or the Ethernet connection type,
    > always choose the Ethernet connection. What does your ISP have to say about
    > the problem?
    >
    > "shazamac" <shazamac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > i have just connected to broadband but my connection keeps failing with a
    > > mess age about usb bandwidth? i don't know what this means - do i need to
    > > update my usb driver?

    Maybe you are required to use USB 2.0. If you don't have USB 2.0 ports in
    your computer you will have to install a card into a free PCI slot on your
    motherboard. However, I would still suggest using the Ethernet port to
    connect your modem to your computer, if the modem has an Ethernet port.

    > Thanks for replying Kevin - Tiscali gave me the name of a website to
    update
    > my USB? www.usbman.com - Tiscali say my USB is not strong enough? I think
    > have a 1.1?? I did as they said and downloaded the patch for my VIA USB
    and
    > it seemed to work for a while but the problem has started up again - can
    you
    > help?
    >
    > "Kevin" wrote:
    >
    > > Given the option of using either the USB or the Ethernet connection
    type,
    > > always choose the Ethernet connection. What does your ISP have to say
    about
    > > the problem?
    > >
    > > "shazamac" <shazamac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > i have just connected to broadband but my connection keeps failing
    with a
    > > > mess age about usb bandwidth? i don't know what this means - do i need
    > > > update my usb driver?

Broadband Connection USB Windows XP