True vecter settings??? blocking internet access

April 7, 2005 3:53:02 PM

When I attempt to re-install zone alarm, I get an error saying I must turn
off my "truevecter" in my Security Manager. Also I can't install games from
zone.com or get my mail with Incredimail...it won't let me connect to the
internet for the mail. All worked well until I had to reinstall windowsxp.
Please help...thank you
--
amipup
Anonymous

Uninstalling Zone Alarm should remove it's own True Vector service. You can
then reinstall Zone Alarm.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"amipup" <amipup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I attempt to re-install zone alarm, I get an error saying I must turn
> off my "truevecter" in my Security Manager. Also I can't install games
> from
> zone.com or get my mail with Incredimail...it won't let me connect to the
> internet for the mail. All worked well until I had to reinstall
> windowsxp.
> Please help...thank you
> --
> amipup
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 3:59:03 PM

I tried that several times, even made sure all the zone alarm files were
deleted and the registry cleaned out...still no change. I even re-installed
windows and it's still the same. There must be a solution to this.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Uninstalling Zone Alarm should remove it's own True Vector service. You can
> then reinstall Zone Alarm.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "amipup" <amipup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I attempt to re-install zone alarm, I get an error saying I must turn
> > off my "truevecter" in my Security Manager. Also I can't install games
> > from
> > zone.com or get my mail with Incredimail...it won't let me connect to the
> > internet for the mail. All worked well until I had to reinstall
> > windowsxp.
> > Please help...thank you
> > --
> > amipup

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 1:52:43 PM

Zone Labs user forums is a great place for this question. You should get the
problem resolved here:
http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs

--

!