True vecter settings??? blocking internet access

When I attempt to re-install zone alarm, I get an error saying I must turn
off my "truevecter" in my Security Manager. Also I can't install games from
zone.com or get my mail with Incredimail...it won't let me connect to the
internet for the mail. All worked well until I had to reinstall windowsxp.
Please help...thank you
--
amipup
3 answers Last reply

    Uninstalling Zone Alarm should remove it's own True Vector service. You can
    then reinstall Zone Alarm.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "amipup" <amipup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I attempt to re-install zone alarm, I get an error saying I must turn
    > off my "truevecter" in my Security Manager. Also I can't install games
    > from
    > zone.com or get my mail with Incredimail...it won't let me connect to the
    > internet for the mail. All worked well until I had to reinstall
    > windowsxp.
    > Please help...thank you
    > --
    > amipup

    I tried that several times, even made sure all the zone alarm files were
    deleted and the registry cleaned out...still no change. I even re-installed
    windows and it's still the same. There must be a solution to this.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Uninstalling Zone Alarm should remove it's own True Vector service. You can
    > then reinstall Zone Alarm.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "amipup" <amipup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I attempt to re-install zone alarm, I get an error saying I must turn
    > > off my "truevecter" in my Security Manager. Also I can't install games
    > > from
    > > zone.com or get my mail with Incredimail...it won't let me connect to the
    > > internet for the mail. All worked well until I had to reinstall
    > > windowsxp.
    > > Please help...thank you
    > > --
    > > amipup

    Zone Labs user forums is a great place for this question. You should get the
    problem resolved here:
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs

    --

    >I tried that several times, even made sure all the zone alarm files were
    > deleted and the registry cleaned out...still no change. I even
    > re-installed
    > windows and it's still the same. There must be a solution to this.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Uninstalling Zone Alarm should remove it's own True Vector service. You
    >> can
    >> then reinstall Zone Alarm.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "amipup" <amipup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > When I attempt to re-install zone alarm, I get an error saying I must
    >> > turn
    >> > off my "truevecter" in my Security Manager. Also I can't install
    >> > games
    >> > from
    >> > zone.com or get my mail with Incredimail...it won't let me connect to
    >> > the
    >> > internet for the mail. All worked well until I had to reinstall
    >> > windowsxp.
    >> > Please help...thank you
    >> > --
    >> > amipup