Sign in with
Your question

System resource problem

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
June 22, 2010 4:20:08 PM

I have a a situation where I am running a dual boot of Win 7 ultimate x86 and x64. When I leave my computer alone for 1-2 hours I come back to find my os frozen or I get

a not enough system resources error from just trying to open my browser ( Firefox 3.63 ) It's not just once in a while it's all the time .

Here's a rundown of my system any thought on this problem would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I have a 600 watt sli ready Power Supply

More about : system resource problem

a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2010 10:19:07 AM

You might have your computer set up for automatic shutdown or sleep.
Check your Help and Support for details about those functions.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2010 10:28:53 AM

try setting all your RAM modules to the spec of the slowest. Can you check temps too.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2010 11:27:40 AM

mi1ez has a good point. You might want to remove your DIMM1 and DIMM2 strips.
If this helps, then you either need to set all the RAM modules to the specs of the slowest or replace the DIMM1 and DIMM2 with two DIMM3 spec strips.

Personally, I'd go with all the modules having the same make/model specs.
If you OC, then this becomes even more of an issue.

EDIT: For the temp info, try this site - http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
m
l
June 23, 2010 9:33:14 PM

I appreciate the input, I knew this was the place to start. Memory ... thanks for pointing me in that

direction!!!! Seems that when I set my bios to optimized default my memory controller set my ddr2 to 667 so I manually

set it back to 800. That seems to have solved the problem!!! As far as temps I have 2 80mm fans and an zalman cpu cooler

everything runs below 40c at load so I knew that couldn't be the issue. I also noticed that my win7ultx64 install wasn't having

the System resource issue so I guess the X86 was memory starved at 667 only being able to address 3 gigs or so . Weird!!!

Thanks again to those who took the time to reply.
m
l
!