Thank you in advance for reading this post. I am requesting a few laptop suggestions. I currently own a Lenovo G550 and it suits my needs well (except for a problem noted below - screen problems), but I intend to purchase a new one next week. A friend recommended that I ask this forum for suggestions. I've filled out the questionnaire below. Generally, I need a PC to run Revit, Photoshop, and Illustrator. I presume that I will needs graphics hardware and a high quality screen, but I don't know exactly what kinds are best. I would also like something portable because my Lenovo is a little heavy for my purposes.
1. What is your budget?
$1000 is the maximum I would like to pay, but prefer something less
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
~15", and preferably not widescreen
3. What screen resolution do you want?
High resolution including a good fidelity in color rendition.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? (portables are smaller, lighter, and fit in a backpack; and desktop replacements are monsters that are heavier, but which are still portable)
5. How much battery life do you need?
I would like to be able to work for 4 hours without plugging in.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I am an architect and graphic designer, so I would like enough power to run Photoshop and Revit and Illustrator comfortably.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I'm guessing that I need about 500GB.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Overstock.com, and other bargain sites (can you all recommend a few others?); but I must purchase one by the 24th so if I can't find a deal I'll search elsewhere.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 years at least.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc?
This is not important to me.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I currently have a Lenovo, but the colors on the screen are not uniform and there are dark spots so it's difficult to design graphics properly.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I am not a techie so I would like a nice mix of accessibility and power.