problem when restating

when i restat my laptop it goes through all the motions and when it come bake
to loading up again it just stops with a black screen with flashin _ like in
dos

cant do system restore as again it goes through all the motions but when it
goes to start up again it wont as it goes black again like in dos any ideas
1 answer Last reply
More about problem restating

    Hey Pete.
    have you tried when first rebooting your system pressing F8 continuously
    until a page of options come up.
    On this page it should allow you to restart your computer at the last known
    time it loaded correctly, read threw the options and choose what you think
    will work.

    Please note you need to be pressing F8 before the windows xp screen appears,
    if this screen appears try again as it can take a few times :)
    best of luck

    "Pete7325" wrote:

    > when i restat my laptop it goes through all the motions and when it come bake
    > to loading up again it just stops with a black screen with flashin _ like in
    > dos
    >
    > cant do system restore as again it goes through all the motions but when it
    > goes to start up again it wont as it goes black again like in dos any ideas

DOS Windows XP