53.04 Dets break display properties?

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I've just updated to the 53.04 detonator drivers, and all works fine but I now when I try to click the 'Geforce' tab under Advanced display settings I just get a weird little error message with the yellow triangle w/ an exclamation in it, no actual message, and a dialogue caption of 'NVCPL' and when I click OK it just dumps me back to the desktop.

I have this on two completely different systems, my ti4600/nforce2 system at home and a geforce1 DDR/SomeVIA_POS system here at work. They both now do exactly the same.

This is irritating, as now I can't fiddle with ocing my Gfx card (not a concern on the work PC, but I like tweaking my rig at home).

Anyone got an idea? If not I guess it's time to start rolling back driver revisions :frown: .

---
<font color=red>Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.</font color=red> :wink:

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
cheers! Never used any third-party stuff for Gfx settings 'tweakery'. I assume a swift google should unearth a download site?

I've only just replaced the two little 40mm fans with one nice big 80mm one, so losing the Ocing options was a tad irritating. :mad:

---
<font color=red>Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.</font color=red> :wink:

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Yeah, a quick google search should get you a bunch. I don't know why your nV drivers are acting funny though, sorry.

My Zalman HP80C should come in today, according to the tracking number. I can't wait to really push this thing, getting sick of running it @306,608 (though I don't think I'll be able to push it too much further, I'm already pretty far above normal levels)...

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
My Ti4600 is seemingly happy & artifact-free at (IIRC) 320/720 so you're not doing too bad there. I haven't finished tweaking yet though...

You know a good place I can dowload a guide to RivaTuner - what all these registry tweaks actually do? I've just done a load of mobo mods to help me get beyond 15K 3dMarks, wondering how much further I can get without relying on clock rates.... :smile:

---

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
<A HREF="http://forums.guru3d.com//forumdisplay.php?forumid=18" target="_new">Guru3D's RivaTuner Forum</A> is probably your best bet right now...not sure where to get a guide or what all those tweaks do, I bet the people there know though.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
great, thanks. That's where I ended up downloading it from IIRC.

---