encryption apps

August 13, 2005 5:29:10 PM

Hi,

Can anyone who has used several encryption apps tell me which one is the
best? I'm currently using PDA Defense (now owned by Surewave) and it works
OK, except it corrupts some of my databases at times. Reviews are mixed on
Xforcer.

I need to encrypt my most important databases when the unit is off.

Thanks!

--Randy Starkey

More about : encryption apps

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 5:29:11 PM

Randy Starkey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone who has used several encryption apps tell me which one is the
> best? I'm currently using PDA Defense (now owned by Surewave) and it works
> OK, except it corrupts some of my databases at times. Reviews are mixed on
> Xforcer.

Years of using Xforcer... No problems.

Notan
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 6:21:26 PM

> Years of using Xforcer... No problems.
>
> Notan

OK. It seems like the app has not been developed for awhile, and the
developer said he had not tested it on a T3. T3's pretty old to not have
been tested <g>.

--Randy
August 13, 2005 9:00:17 PM

Randy Starkey wrote:

> <snip>
>
> OK. It seems like the app has not been developed for awhile, and the
> developer said he had not tested it on a T3. T3's pretty old to not have
> been tested <g>.

Yeah, it looks like their latest release is still 1.4 (2003).

I'm running it on a Zire 71. When I first installed it, it was
an earlier version (1.1 or 1.2), and it had a few Zire 71 bugs.
With some feedback from me and, of course, others, the developer
got rid of the bugs.

If you've got a backup program, give it a try... What have you
got to lose!

Notan
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 2:47:10 AM

Right. I've got plenty of backups! <g>.

> Randy Starkey wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> OK. It seems like the app has not been developed for awhile, and the
>> developer said he had not tested it on a T3. T3's pretty old to not have
>> been tested <g>.
>
> Yeah, it looks like their latest release is still 1.4 (2003).
>
> I'm running it on a Zire 71. When I first installed it, it was
> an earlier version (1.1 or 1.2), and it had a few Zire 71 bugs.
> With some feedback from me and, of course, others, the developer
> got rid of the bugs.
>
> If you've got a backup program, give it a try... What have you
> got to lose!
>
> Notan
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 2:47:11 AM

Randy Starkey wrote:

> <snip>

I tried TealLock (http://tealpoint.com/softlock.htm), quite some
time ago, but wasn't crazy about the interface and felt there
were too many user choices. Sometimes simple is better.

Notan
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 3:51:13 PM

OK. Thanks. PDA Defense which I currently use is very nice, except for the
corruption I've been having. I'll give XForcer a shot.

--Randy

!