Service Pack errors - need help pweassssssssssssssssssssssse

hi everyone :)

I had to restore my computer to factory settings about 2 weeks ago.
I had downloaded sp1 to disc and installed it onto my computer, everything
was looking good.
Then another problem occured and i was told to restore my computer again
back to factory.

Ive done that but now when i try to install sp1 from that disc i keep
getting the same error being "could not verify the integrity of the file
update.inf. Make sure cryptographic service is running.
I went to msconfig and cryptograhic services said it was running.

i have no idea what so ever what the hell that error means AT ALL.
but without a sp on my computer i can not install office 2003 or norton!! So
basically my computer is totally useless in every way.

does anyone have any suggestions pwwwwwwwwwwwwease.

i have ordered sp 2 on disc but i was thinking if i cant load sp1 then maybe
when i do get these discs the same problem may occur.

thanking you heaps in advance!
1 answer Last reply
More about service pack errors pweassssssssssssssssssssssse

    See if this helps:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updatinf.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "The Aussie Girl" <TheAussieGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi everyone :)
    >
    > I had to restore my computer to factory settings about 2 weeks ago.
    > I had downloaded sp1 to disc and installed it onto my computer, everything
    > was looking good.
    > Then another problem occured and i was told to restore my computer again
    > back to factory.
    >
    > Ive done that but now when i try to install sp1 from that disc i keep
    > getting the same error being "could not verify the integrity of the file
    > update.inf. Make sure cryptographic service is running.
    > I went to msconfig and cryptograhic services said it was running.
    >
    > i have no idea what so ever what the hell that error means AT ALL.
    > but without a sp on my computer i can not install office 2003 or norton!!
    > So
    > basically my computer is totally useless in every way.
    >
    > does anyone have any suggestions pwwwwwwwwwwwwease.
    >
    > i have ordered sp 2 on disc but i was thinking if i cant load sp1 then
    > maybe
    > when i do get these discs the same problem may occur.
    >
    > thanking you heaps in advance!

Computers Factory Restore Windows XP