Laptop for school

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Screen Resolution
  • Product
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
May 17, 2012 1:38:52 PM

Hello,
I can spend 900, but preferably 700 on a new laptop. I will be using it at school and for gaming. I will be studying engineering but not computer engineering.

1_What is your budget? - 700 (900 max)

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? - 14-17

3_What screen resolution do you want? - N/A

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? - laptop

5_How much battery life do you need? - as much as i can get

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? - Yes, i like to play mmprogs like maplestory, and i also might try crysis or battlefront 3. Basically i don't need these things but whatever i can get, ill take.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) - School,

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? - 500 gigs +

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. - no clue

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? - idealistically, 4 years, but realistically three

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? - whatever

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. - No specific preference

13_What country do you live in? - United States

thanks so much for your help! If you have any recomendations on a brand, specs, graphics cards, or place to buy, everything will be appreciated

More about : laptop school

a b D Laptop
May 20, 2012 12:50:19 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Laptops & Notebooks by Pyree
a b D Laptop
May 20, 2012 1:21:02 AM

Hey Wittneben,
I want to clarify first that Gaming and Battery don't go too well together. If you want a 4+ hour battery life, you won't be betting a great gaming experience. So, what is more important, a battery life? or a playing current games on a mix of high and medium settings?

But any ways, here is a laptop you might want to take a look at it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you don't like it, there are alternatives. There is even an Asus G74 in your price range, but that is if you're okay with buying a refurbished laptop. Probably not the best idea if you plan to keep it for 4 years though.
!