Inspiron 5100 HD???

I just purchased an 80GB HD for my Inspiron 5100. Is there anything special
I need to know about installing it? I have done this before with an 40GB
and everything went smoothly.

Thanks, Carole
2 answers Last reply
More about inspiron 5100

    I think the 5100 supports up to 60GB only. I could be wrong though

    "Carole" <ckhelmig@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I just purchased an 80GB HD for my Inspiron 5100. Is there anything
    special
    > I need to know about installing it? I have done this before with an 40GB
    > and everything went smoothly.
    >
    > Thanks, Carole

    oh it does support 80gb. i was wrong

    "Carole" <ckhelmig@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I just purchased an 80GB HD for my Inspiron 5100. Is there anything
    special
    > I need to know about installing it? I have done this before with an 40GB
    > and everything went smoothly.
    >
    > Thanks, Carole

Dell Inspiron HD Computers