SERIOUS help needed with Sapphire Radeon 9600 PRO

zfuture

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2003
Ok, lately I've been playing these two games Rainbow six 3 raven shield and prince of persia sands of time. I have the catalyst 4.10 drivers and after 10-15 minutes of playing, the game would freeze, but I could still hear some sounds, not sure if they're in a loop or working. I would have VPU recover on, then continue playing for 2 seconds b4 it happens again. Then I turned VPU recover off and it still happened. This also happened in the 3.10 drivers, but only after a long time after i installed it. It never happened on previous drivers, or anytime before that. So I doubt its a voltage problem of power supply problem cuz i know my power supply is good enough at 300 w or 350 w can't remember which one.

I've also tried turning AA/AF to application preference and the problem still persists

Anyone else have this or know how to fix this?

Thanks

My system is a P4 2.8 ghz w/HT
1.0 ghz ddr400 dual channel ram
Asus P4P800-DLX motherboard

Uncheck Fastwrites. Try again.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Using the drivers that are from Saphire and not ATI? Otherwise just rollback. This is why I dont do OEMs.

Barton 2500+ @ 2200mhz (10x220 vcore @ 1.8)
Asus A7N8X Dlx 440 FSB
1gb Geil GD pc3500 Dual Channel (2-3-3-6)
Segata 80gb SATA 8.5ms seek
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro(420/720)

tom1379

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2004
Hi, Zfuture, i have the same problem with the older 3.8 sapphire drivers and i was hoping that using the 4.1s would solve the problem! I have the 9600xt by sapphire and ive been reading around forums and there are a considerable number of people with the same problem!

I have found on mine that it may be overheating because when i open the window, it plays fine for a long time and a few minutes after i shut it, it freezes, and im sure it is not coincidence since having the window open definately helps! I am waiting for a reply from ati about the problem but if it can not be solved i may have to return the card.

zfuture

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2003
I don't use Sapphire drivers, I use the main ATI drivers...

Btw, If I disable fast writes, will I have any performanec declines. What is fast write btw, and if it is supported by my systme and I turn it off, will I be disadvantaged in any way?