Sign in with
Your question

Graphics problem, please help!

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
May 20, 2012 12:30:54 PM

Hi there

I've been having problems with my new lenevo y470. I have a Nvidia Geforce GT 500M Graphics card (with CUDA)
With is switchable between 1 and 2 gigs. The laptop has Intel HD integrated graphics 3000 too. I've downloaded all the latest drivers. The issue is when I play games, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. The game starts and screen goes black but I can still here the audio of the game. I then have to enter sleep mode to get to the task manager. It's very frustrating! :pfff:  League of legends, skyrim and a few other games run perfectly. But the problems is persistent with the rest.

Any solutions?

More about : graphics problem

a b D Laptop
May 21, 2012 3:13:21 AM

When games don't work, do they not work from the start or does it always seem to happen while playing - i.e. is this a temperature issue?

Perhaps Windows is switching GPUs on you? Is there a way to turn one off/ set your power setting to turn one off while playing?
m
l
May 21, 2012 8:08:50 AM

frozenlead said:
When games don't work, do they not work from the start or does it always seem to happen while playing - i.e. is this a temperature issue?

Perhaps Windows is switching GPUs on you? Is there a way to turn one off/ set your power setting to turn one off while playing?

Hi there, it is as soon as the game starts! Temperatures are fine. Yes there is a switch next to the wifi switch to change between 1gb and 2gb. I've tried restoring system files and using a lower resolution. It truly is a sad problem :??: 
m
l
!