Graphics problem, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modryc

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Hi there

I've been having problems with my new lenevo y470. I have a Nvidia Geforce GT 500M Graphics card (with CUDA)
With is switchable between 1 and 2 gigs. The laptop has Intel HD integrated graphics 3000 too. I've downloaded all the latest drivers. The issue is when I play games, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. The game starts and screen goes black but I can still here the audio of the game. I then have to enter sleep mode to get to the task manager. It's very frustrating! :pfff: League of legends, skyrim and a few other games run perfectly. But the problems is persistent with the rest.

Any solutions?

When games don't work, do they not work from the start or does it always seem to happen while playing - i.e. is this a temperature issue?

Perhaps Windows is switching GPUs on you? Is there a way to turn one off/ set your power setting to turn one off while playing?

Modryc

Honorable
May 20, 2012

Hi there, it is as soon as the game starts! Temperatures are fine. Yes there is a switch next to the wifi switch to change between 1gb and 2gb. I've tried restoring system files and using a lower resolution. It truly is a sad problem :??:

Status
Not open for further replies.