DOS programs quit working

I cant figure out what happened... I have games like MICEMEN, Mopey fish,
Monopoly, Backyard Baseball, and Backgammon that I have been playing everyday
since we got XP then one morning I turned on the computer and I cant run
anything in DOS. I keep getting this Message:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
The file system is not suitable for running MS_DOS and Mircosoft
Windows applications.

What happened and how can I fix it?
PLEASE HELP!!

You might want to take a look at this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

Quoting from the article:

1. Click Start, click Run, type c:\windows\repair, and then
click OK.
2. Right-click autoexec.nt, and then click Copy.
3. Click Start, click Run, type c:\windows\system32, and
then click OK.
4. Right-click anywhere in that folder, and then click
Paste.
5. Right-click the Autoexect.nt file that you just copied,
and then click Properties.
6. Click to select Read-Only, and then click OK.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 to copy the Config.nt file.
Note You must enable Read-Only permissions or the files will be
removed after you restart Windows.

--
Nepatsfan
"badceed2002" <badceed2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in