Verizon DSL / MN-700 Router - How Do I Setup PPPoE?

agent_c

I've been tasked with setting up a customer who has Verizon DSL (NYC)
and just acquired a new MN-700 wireless router.

Question:

How is PPPoE configured in this setup? Do I leave the client he has
installed on his workstation, or do I uninstall it and set the router
up to authenticate. Is that even possible?

Not an issue I've ever had to tackle, as I have cable and don't use
PPPoE at all.

Thanks for the help!

A_C

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The below link is to DSLReports forum for Verizon with
a "pppoe router" search. You may have to creiate a logon
ID to get there but it will be well worth your time.

http://www.dslreports.com/nsearch?
q=pppoe+router&cat=remark&old=1&bids=%2C57

When you logon to the router the pppoe setup is in 'Wide
Area Network'. If you use the router for pppoe it's all
in the manual that came with the router.