Can someone tell me if the Alt Gr key has ANY function at all?
Is it possible to write programs to use it?

OM

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052590631033.aspx

If you can write code to catch the key codes, you can do anything you want
with it.

Val
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.sdsmt.edu
The best little engineering school you
may not have heard of, but should have!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
***************************

"VManes" wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:
>See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052590631033.aspx

"ALT GR is equivalent to the CTRL+ALT key combination"

Not on my computer -- AltGr-4 seems to be some sort of Tab keyt
combination. It's definitely not the same as Ctrl-Alt-4, which is a
shortcut to a particular program.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Hi,

Us form countries with other letters than yours ... we use it to
access the letters, which is not available on the normal keyboard.

So just because the Americans can't find any use, doesn't mean the
rest of the world can't :)

From Denmark with love.

Stan Brown Wrote:
> "VManes" wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:-
> See http://tinyurl.com/3qa9f-
>
> "ALT GR is equivalent to the CTRL+ALT key combination"

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/

AAMOI, do you know what the GR represents. I've often wondered over the
years...

--
Rik Bean

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Rik Bean wrote:

> Stan Brown Wrote:
> > "VManes" wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:-
> > See http://tinyurl.com/3qa9f-
> >
> > "ALT GR is equivalent to the CTRL+ALT key combination"
> >
> > Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
> > http://OakRoadSystems.com/
>
> AAMOI, do you know what the GR represents. I've often wondered over the
> years...
>
> --
> Rik Bean

According to this web page, it stands for GRaphic:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2help/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.common.doc/common/nlchar.htm

Mikey Wrote:
> Rik Bean wrote:
> -
> Stan Brown Wrote:-
> "VManes" wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:-
> See http://tinyurl.com/3qa9f-
>
> "ALT GR is equivalent to the CTRL+ALT key combination"

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/-
>
> AAMOI, do you know what the GR represents. I've often wondered over
> the
> years...
>
> --
> Rik Bean-
>
> According to this web page, it stands for GRaphic:
> http://tinyurl.com/6ty3o

Thanks, Mikey. I'd heard that before, but it never seems to do anything
graphical - perhaps it's a hangover from DOS when extended characters
would have had to be a graphic?

--
Rik Bean

TRENDING THREADS