CD Rom Drives

For whatever reson, both my cd drives keep dying on me at random. I even did
a full system recovery and they worked after that for about an hour, but now
they're out again. I tried troubleshooting them, but it will not re-install
them!! Help Please!!
1 answer Last reply
More about drives

    CD drive +CD Drive both failing at the same time sounds like a cable
    problem,
    Check that the sockets are bedded properly.

    --

    johnf

    > For whatever reson, both my cd drives keep dying on me at random. I
    > even did a full system recovery and they worked after that for about an
    > hour, but now they're out again. I tried troubleshooting them, but it
    > will not re-install them!! Help Please!!

System Recovery Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP