How do I install Win XP SP WITHOUT internet connection??

April 8, 2005 3:41:07 AM

Hi all,

My Win XP Pro. (without any sp applyed before) machine becomes crazy
recently,I wish to install service pack 2, the problem is I can't
connect to Internet from my machine (actually every time when I
connect to internet, the first 2-3 minutes I can go anywhere I want,
and after that my browser always response with "can not find server"
message and I was block out, and I can not ping any IP addresses
either). How can I install Win SP2 without connect to Microsoft web
site? It seems all win sp installation requires online connection.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Kind Regards,

Rob
April 8, 2005 10:50:27 AM

Order the SP2 CD from Microsoft. It's free and usually arrives in 10 days
or so. You can order from any friend's computer...just takes a minute.
Before installing, you need to run scumware and virus checks.

"Bob" <ausgoodman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> My Win XP Pro. (without any sp applyed before) machine becomes crazy
> recently,I wish to install service pack 2, the problem is I can't
> connect to Internet from my machine (actually every time when I
> connect to internet, the first 2-3 minutes I can go anywhere I want,
> and after that my browser always response with "can not find server"
> message and I was block out, and I can not ping any IP addresses
> either). How can I install Win SP2 without connect to Microsoft web
> site? It seems all win sp installation requires online connection.
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Rob
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 10:50:50 AM

"Bob" <ausgoodman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> My Win XP Pro. (without any sp applyed before) machine becomes crazy
> recently,I wish to install service pack 2, the problem is I can't
> connect to Internet from my machine (actually every time when I
> connect to internet, the first 2-3 minutes I can go anywhere I want,
> and after that my browser always response with "can not find server"
> message and I was block out, and I can not ping any IP addresses
> either). How can I install Win SP2 without connect to Microsoft web
> site? It seems all win sp installation requires online connection.
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Rob

Rob

Do not install SP2 until you get your problems sorted out. It sounds like
you have a spyware/malware infection. There are many posts in this forum on
how to deal with it. If you install SP2 without fixing this it will only
make things worse.

As a start boot to safe mode with networking, go to this link
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.as... and do an online
scan. Then go to http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm and read about
spyware and how to remove it. Now go to
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.m... and read how to