How do I install Win XP SP WITHOUT internet connection??

Hi all,

My Win XP Pro. (without any sp applyed before) machine becomes crazy
recently,I wish to install service pack 2, the problem is I can't
connect to Internet from my machine (actually every time when I
connect to internet, the first 2-3 minutes I can go anywhere I want,
and after that my browser always response with "can not find server"
message and I was block out, and I can not ping any IP addresses
either). How can I install Win SP2 without connect to Microsoft web
site? It seems all win sp installation requires online connection.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Kind Regards,

Rob
2 answers Last reply
More about install internet connection

    Order the SP2 CD from Microsoft. It's free and usually arrives in 10 days
    or so. You can order from any friend's computer...just takes a minute.
    Before installing, you need to run scumware and virus checks.

    "Bob" <ausgoodman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My Win XP Pro. (without any sp applyed before) machine becomes crazy
    > recently,I wish to install service pack 2, the problem is I can't
    > connect to Internet from my machine (actually every time when I
    > connect to internet, the first 2-3 minutes I can go anywhere I want,
    > and after that my browser always response with "can not find server"
    > message and I was block out, and I can not ping any IP addresses
    > either). How can I install Win SP2 without connect to Microsoft web
    > site? It seems all win sp installation requires online connection.
    >
    > Thanks for your suggestion.
    >
    > Kind Regards,
    >
    > Rob

    "Bob" <ausgoodman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My Win XP Pro. (without any sp applyed before) machine becomes crazy
    > recently,I wish to install service pack 2, the problem is I can't
    > connect to Internet from my machine (actually every time when I
    > connect to internet, the first 2-3 minutes I can go anywhere I want,
    > and after that my browser always response with "can not find server"
    > message and I was block out, and I can not ping any IP addresses
    > either). How can I install Win SP2 without connect to Microsoft web
    > site? It seems all win sp installation requires online connection.
    >
    > Thanks for your suggestion.
    >
    > Kind Regards,
    >
    > Rob

    Rob

    Do not install SP2 until you get your problems sorted out. It sounds like
    you have a spyware/malware infection. There are many posts in this forum on
    how to deal with it. If you install SP2 without fixing this it will only
    make things worse.

    As a start boot to safe mode with networking, go to this link
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp and do an online
    scan. Then go to http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm and read about
    spyware and how to remove it. Now go to
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx and read how to
    prepare your computer for SP2.

    Kerry

Connection Internet Connection Windows XP