Shortcut to Device Manager

How can you create a shortcut from your desktop directly to folders like
Device manager, internet connection etc?

--
Thanks in adavance

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:e3%23pGpAPFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Videot <Videot@optusnet.com.au> had this to say:

> How can you create a shortcut from your desktop directly to folders
> like Device manager, internet connection etc?

I don't know how to make one to the device manager but... Hmm... You can
just press WinKey + Pause/Break if you'd like. From there you can access the
device manager and a number of other settings. For the internet connection,
open your network connections from the classic view in the control panel,
right click it, select create shortcut, and it will say that it can't make
it there and ask if you want to put it on the desktop instead. Say yes and
there you go.

Galen

A couple of ways. There are always a couple of ways. ;-)

Right click the Desktop | New | Shortcut |
Paste this in the location box:

%systemroot%\system32\devmgmt.msc

Click the Next button | Type a name, Device Manager,
for instance | Click the Finish button.

Or...

Start | Run | Paste this in the box:

%systemroot%\system32

Click OK | Scroll down to and right click devmgmt.msc |
Send To | Desktop (create shortcut) | Rename the
devmgmt.msc shortcut to Device Manager, or not.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e3%23pGpAPFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Videot <Videot@optusnet.com.au> hunted and pecked:
> How can you create a shortcut from your desktop directly to folders like
> Device manager, internet connection etc?
>
> --
> Thanks in adavance

That worked like a charm. Thanks

>A couple of ways. There are always a couple of ways. ;-)
>
> Right click the Desktop | New | Shortcut |
> Paste this in the location box:
>
> %systemroot%\system32\devmgmt.msc
>
> Click the Next button | Type a name, Device Manager,
> for instance | Click the Finish button.
>
> Or...
>
> Start | Run | Paste this in the box:
>
> %systemroot%\system32
>
> Click OK | Scroll down to and right click devmgmt.msc |
> Send To | Desktop (create shortcut) | Rename the
> devmgmt.msc shortcut to Device Manager, or not.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:e3%23pGpAPFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Videot <Videot@optusnet.com.au> hunted and pecked:
>> How can you create a shortcut from your desktop directly to folders like
>> Device manager, internet connection etc?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks in adavance

Keep having fun. :)

--