help for my account and no read mail

Hi!. I'm Italian, so sorry for my English.
I don't want that when I turn on my computer, near to my account, there is
the sentence "you have xy no read mail".
At least I'd like to choose a different mail address that the computer can
consider, and to eliminate the one it is considering now.
What can I do?
Help me!
Thank you

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304148
Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome Screen