sathni

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2002
end result - i would like to be able to have all my employees log in to W2k on the different client machines, and have the "num lock" turned "on"...

the network is a small LAN, consisting of 10 computers (all on W2k-SP2, with a W2k-AS-SP2 as the server)....

i have gone into the bios and set it to "num lock on"...

what i have observed is that on some machines, the "num lock" does stay "on" when people log in.... but for some strange reason, on other similarly configured machines, the num lock is "off" when they log in....

i know this is a small "quirk" but i just can't figure out why this happens.... is it a setting within the server machine or the clients or the "services" with w2k?....

thanks for your help in advance ...

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
there is also a setting in win 2k to turn on numlock, it works as a togle switch. if the bios turns it on, and windows sends a command to turn it on, it will turn off.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
<A HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q151715" target="_new">try this</A> just put the .com in a logon script

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
there is no debug in xp, i dont know about 2k, the article says it works in dos and 95 only

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
in the registry, set the following key to 2:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
there <b>is</b> a debug in xp, anyway, the reg hack is better :)

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

dbeorn

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
I think that only effects furture users who have never logged in and estabished a profile, doesn't it?? Anyone who already had a profile would have the setting they had previously - Right?