Please HELP - Some Internet Apps Work... but IE does NOT

All of a sudden - I didn't deliberately change anything - but

IE can NOT connect to anything on the web

I can Ping other clients on my wireless network
I can NOT Ping anything outside of my network

Most interesting is that both my Forte Agent news reader, and Outlook 2003 work
OK.

The only problem with Outlook is that pictures don't appear in html messages.

I have NSW 2005 and NIS 2005, but disabling NIS doesn't change anything.

I have Dell 8300, connected to a Netgear wireless router, and a wireless Pocket
PC getting to the web through that router. Interestingly, the Pocket PC seems
to work just fine. Also, it can ping the Dell 8300, and the Dell can ping it.

I restarted the cable modem, and that made no difference.

I'm puzzled - any ideas?

------------------------------

Henry

Posted Using Agent 2.0
[to reply, delete the AT]

******************************
2 answers Last reply
More about please internet apps work

    Maybe you chaned it to work offline. It is a simple mistake but worth a shot
    trying, on the menu bar select file, the towards the bottom you will see a
    selection for work online or work offline makesure you are working online
    "Henry" <hziembaAT@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > All of a sudden - I didn't deliberately change anything - but
    >
    > IE can NOT connect to anything on the web
    >
    > I can Ping other clients on my wireless network
    > I can NOT Ping anything outside of my network
    >
    > Most interesting is that both my Forte Agent news reader, and Outlook 2003
    work
    > OK.
    >
    > The only problem with Outlook is that pictures don't appear in html
    messages.

    > I have NSW 2005 and NIS 2005, but disabling NIS doesn't change anything.
    >
    > I have Dell 8300, connected to a Netgear wireless router, and a wireless
    Pocket
    > PC getting to the web through that router. Interestingly, the Pocket PC
    seems
    > to work just fine. Also, it can ping the Dell 8300, and the Dell can ping
    it.

    > I restarted the cable modem, and that made no difference.
    >
    > I'm puzzled - any ideas?

    > Henry
    >
    > Posted Using Agent 2.0
    > [to reply, delete the AT]

    try uninstalling norton firewall & rebooting & reinstalling it.
[...]

Internet Explorer Windows XP