Please HELP - Some Internet Apps Work... but IE does NOT

April 8, 2005 11:34:42 AM

All of a sudden - I didn't deliberately change anything - but

IE can NOT connect to anything on the web

I can Ping other clients on my wireless network
I can NOT Ping anything outside of my network

Most interesting is that both my Forte Agent news reader, and Outlook 2003 work
OK.

The only problem with Outlook is that pictures don't appear in html messages.

I have NSW 2005 and NIS 2005, but disabling NIS doesn't change anything.

I have Dell 8300, connected to a Netgear wireless router, and a wireless Pocket
PC getting to the web through that router. Interestingly, the Pocket PC seems
to work just fine. Also, it can ping the Dell 8300, and the Dell can ping it.

I restarted the cable modem, and that made no difference.

I'm puzzled - any ideas?

------------------------------

Henry

Posted Using Agent 2.0
[to reply, delete the AT]

******************************

More about : internet apps work

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 2:27:26 AM

Maybe you chaned it to work offline. It is a simple mistake but worth a shot
trying, on the menu bar select file, the towards the bottom you will see a
selection for work online or work offline makesure you are working online
"Henry" <hziembaAT@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:p eqc519re51864q9enifpiioolem3frbho@4ax.com...
> All of a sudden - I didn't deliberately change anything - but
>
> IE can NOT connect to anything on the web
>
> I can Ping other clients on my wireless network
> I can NOT Ping anything outside of my network
>
> Most interesting is that both my Forte Agent news reader, and Outlook 2003
work
> OK.
>
> The only problem with Outlook is that pictures don't appear in html
messages.

> I have NSW 2005 and NIS 2005, but disabling NIS doesn't change anything.
>
> I have Dell 8300, connected to a Netgear wireless router, and a wireless
Pocket
> PC getting to the web through that router. Interestingly, the Pocket PC
seems
> to work just fine. Also, it can ping the Dell 8300, and the Dell can ping
it.

> I restarted the cable modem, and that made no difference.
>
> I'm puzzled - any ideas?

> Henry
>
> Posted Using Agent 2.0
> [to reply, delete the AT]

April 9, 2005 7:46:29 AM

try uninstalling norton firewall & rebooting & reinstalling it.

!