Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Hi,

Can anybody help and tell me why I have th the majority of my icons in the
all programs menu (XP Home) all being displayed as folders and some being
displayed as proper program icons.

I have also noted that in my favourites list most just appear as the IE
symbol and a few are proper icons. I know that some of these used to be ok
before I upgraded to XP

Thanks

Jason

map

"Jason" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anybody help and tell me why I have th the majority of my icons in the
> all programs menu (XP Home) all being displayed as folders and some being
> displayed as proper program icons.
>
> I have also noted that in my favourites list most just appear as the IE
> symbol and a few are proper icons. I know that some of these used to be ok
> before I upgraded to XP
>
> Thanks
>
> Jason

If you move your mouse over the folder icons you will see several options on
what to choose,exe.,uninstall,help and so on the ones with just an icon there
is only one choice to make,exe.

For your favoritecons in IE download and run this free tool
Line 108 rt.side

The reason they are missing is because they are stored in your temp.internet
folder and when that folder is cleaned out so is the icon, the tool above
will restore them and check for dead links as well.

TRENDING THREADS