ATi fans or nVidia fans?

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
lol im fairly new here but i dont recommend saying you love nvidia :D i know that much :p altho personally i dont care who makes the card as long as its the best

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
No, actually nVidia got bad press here in the last couple of months because of the poor performance of FX cards. And cause of their "optimized" drivers.

But now (with the FX5700...) nVidia are in better position. I think there is less "nVidia bashing". We have to wait for the next generation GPU to see how ATI/nVidia discussions will evolved.

I think these forums reflect the market, when company X product are the best, the other company get lot of "bashing". And, maybe, there is some marketing behind this.

Look waht happened when ATI/Valve when public with performance in HL2. Many people started to bash nVidia for poor performance and on the other side people bashed ATI/Valve for non objective or very ATI HL2 engine. Then, people, talked abvout Doom3...

Who won this war? ATI, id, Valve and nVidia. All these company got lot of coverage around their products and software. This was good for marketing!

--
Would you buy a GPS enabled soap bar?

Mind_Rebuilding

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2004
I am a performance fanboy.
I don't like nVidia now because personally I hate "optimized" drivers.

Now I am waiting for R420 and NV40 to decide which brand should I buy.

No, it's full of mindless strangers like yourself asking schtoOopid questions! :tongue:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

petrolhead2003

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2003
Optimised drivers have been used by both Ati and Nvidia.
Ati = Aquamark3
Nvidia = 3dmark03

So if anyone hates companies that 'cheat' with optimised driver,both of these are off limits.

And this site does seem to have Ati fans that can't wait for a second to slag of Nvidia for ANY reason,some seem to just enjoy slagging people of that say anything that they don't agree with 100%.This will be followed up by pathetic little comments whenever you post or reply to a post.

It's so easy for a few to ruin what could be a good forum.

Awww... poor guy that wasted money on a nVidia card...

*Pats pertrolhead's head*

It's ok, it'll be all right. There there.

And this site does seem to have Ati fans that can't wait for a second to slag of Nvidia for ANY reason,some seem to just enjoy slagging people of that say anything that they don't agree with 100%.This will be followed up by pathetic little comments whenever you post or reply to a post.

What's even more pathetic are individuals that take negative comments towards one company or another personally. If you're actually working for the company in question, then I could understand it. If you helped create the product that's being bashed, then I could understand it. However taking negative comments towards ATi or nVidia personally when you have no stake in either company is a little stupid, don't you think?

Yeah, I have an ATi card. I'll continue buying ATi as long as they keep releasing good products. Unless the margin between the two is greater than 10 - 15%, then it really doesn't matter which card you get because your eyes will never know the difference.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
You forgot about XGI--they're the current kings of cheating.

Matrox doesn't cheat as far as I know!

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

cleeve

Illustrious
Ati doesn't cheat in Aquamark. you've got it a little mixed up.

Ati cards have different alpha-blending limits than Nvidia cards do. It's not application specific, just like Nvidia's brilinear filtering is not application specific.

As far as fanboyism, Fanbois can go to hell.

I'm a performance fan, just because Ati has the best solution right now doesn't mean they will in the next generation, and just because I'm man enough to admit that they have the best solution right now doesn't make me a fanboy.

Propellerhead, you don't know what you're talking about.

You couldn't put on an intelligent conversation about this if you tried. You wouldn't know the difference between and optimisation and a cheat if you tried. Prove your statements, even LARS and Anand couldn't prove the A3 anomalies as anything more than strange. Only nVidiots like yourself jumped on those early issues (provided by nV at their little event) and ate that up because you were so keen to see some kind of payback. Some of us try to be ojective, and I've posted from ALL sides of the fence, you can check my record. Your posts on the other are blatantly biased.

Anyone who spent more than 5 minutes on the issue knows the real story, unlike yourself.

As for ruining the forum, you are one of the biggest contrbutions to any of it's negative aspects. The only time you post is to be a $hit and $hitdisturb, so don't moralize.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, but it does look like you might be looking for trouble.

READ the ARCHIVE, you'll see that 2 years ago "everyone was nVidia fans" and now "everyone is ATI fans", these people are looking for the best performance or the best value, right now that usually favors ATI.

Why would people keep recommending the Ti4200 as a great low budget card if they were all ATI fans? Get a grip on reality here.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hehe, few people realize that before ATI released the 9700, few forum members would buy their products, and that even after the 9700 release, most took a lot of convincing.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

fragglefart

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2003
I do not think petrolhead has deserved the slamming he has received, to be honest, i have not witnessed any postings which were too Nv-centric, only those which expressed an opinion based on personal experience.
Anyone who wishes to disagree can go ahead, 'tis what the net is all abooot.

hmm.... if the last few months have proved anything, it is JUST HOW DAMN GOOD the 9700 was. I wish i had have known at the time.... *sigh*

Render times? You'll find me down the pub...

It's about history. Propellerhead isn't new, and he only shows his head for one thing, to troll. I think he's Mullet's clone.

Another Bother of Another Mother.

And since it was RE: to me, I feel pretty justified in knocking him down based on his past history regardless of his mild ra-ra-ishness in this particular post, which was also incorrect in it's content.

fragglefart

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2003
"ra-ra-ishness"

that, i think, will be my favourite phrase this week :D

Render times? You'll find me down the pub...