IEEE 1394 PORT ON DELL D800

Hello,

I have a Dell d800 that the IEEE / 1394 port is not working. I have tried
everything : bought a cardbus card for the 1394, uninstall the device then
reboot for windows to re-establish the drivers, disabled / reenabled to
device, new drivers from dell, ms, and maxtor, updated bios from Dell for the
D800, double checked the BIOS settings, and ran Dell Diagnosics cd (never had
luck with this one), you name it I tried it. Does anyone know what could be
wrong? Any Ideas would be a huge help. I am trying to attach a Maxtor HDD
drive to the computer it doesn't have any usb 2.0 connections. Thanks for
your help.
sc
--
Steve Cramer

gago

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005

S, Cramer

I have the same problem in my toshiba. Did you resolve your problem?

Tanks