FS: "Super Mario Bros cocktail - Chicago, IL $2000

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

$2000. Note that this is not just the regular Mario Bros, but rather
the Super version. This is the rare cocktail "red tent" version with
your choice of Excitebike or Golf on the other side. great shape.
plays good. original cabinet. I hate to let it go. Will consider
trades for late model Bally or Williams pins.

no shipping. NW Chicago suburbs pick-up.

Mike Fox
Algonquin, IL
8 answers Last reply
More about super mario bros cocktail chicago 2000
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    mikesarc...@comcast.net wrote:
    > $2000. Note that this is not just the regular Mario Bros, but rather
    > the Super version. This is the rare cocktail "red tent" version with
    > your choice of Excitebike or Golf on the other side. great shape.
    > plays good. original cabinet. I hate to let it go. Will consider
    > trades for late model Bally or Williams pins.
    >
    > no shipping. NW Chicago suburbs pick-up.
    >
    > Mike Fox
    > Algonquin, IL

    Is the cabinet solid gold? :-D
    All kidding aside, I've seen those cabs go for a couple hundred bucks
    lately.
    -Adam
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Okay, what's going on with all of these "Game X for sale: $5,000!"
    posts? Have $200 - $400 games become highly sought-after or something
    as of late?
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Arcade games are generally cheap. Sometimes you have sellers who don't
    know.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I agree, I got a nice one of these for less then $100 a few months
    back. I hate it. Heavy as lead, bulky, can't really put drinks on it.
    Not to mention I have seen nice fully working ones for $200 on ebay all
    over the place. I'll let mine go for $500 since it's so rare. ;) It
    even has a space shooter game and the rare elusive excite bike game. I
    saw someone post a pheonix for $1000 on CL a while back. I wasted my
    keystrokes and told them it was worth $250 they said they would lower
    the price to $700. Please........ I won't bother ranting anymore. Just
    kind of funny.
    ~eric
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I noticed but really didn't give a rat's ass. ;)
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Dude, there are (and have been) a slew of these on Ebay for a fraction of
    this price. Firstly, it's not that rare, nor are the various chipsets that
    swap the games out. It's actually quite a hideous red beast if I may say so.

    <mikesarcade@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > $2000. Note that this is not just the regular Mario Bros, but rather
    > the Super version. This is the rare cocktail "red tent" version with
    > your choice of Excitebike or Golf on the other side. great shape.
    > plays good. original cabinet. I hate to let it go. Will consider
    > trades for late model Bally or Williams pins.
    >
    > no shipping. NW Chicago suburbs pick-up.
    >
    > Mike Fox
    > Algonquin, IL

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Yes but you see...., I saw the original thread then jumped a thread to
    the joke thread making it yet a deeper joke. Whatever, all I know is my
    track n field has incrased in value by over 1000% today. ;)
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I am formulating a plan by which i sell cabs for thousands and then
    buy them off the board for the hundreds they are actually worth and
    just hire some chinese kids to truck them around the country. I
    figured I can make millions without breaking a sweat. ;-)

Games Video Video Games