FS: "Super Mario Bros cocktail - Chicago, IL $2000

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

$2000. Note that this is not just the regular Mario Bros, but rather
the Super version. This is the rare cocktail "red tent" version with
your choice of Excitebike or Golf on the other side. great shape.
plays good. original cabinet. I hate to let it go. Will consider
trades for late model Bally or Williams pins.

no shipping. NW Chicago suburbs pick-up.

Mike Fox
Algonquin, IL

mikesarc...@comcast.net wrote:
> $2000. Note that this is not just the regular Mario Bros, but rather
> the Super version. This is the rare cocktail "red tent" version with
> your choice of Excitebike or Golf on the other side. great shape.
> plays good. original cabinet. I hate to let it go. Will consider
> trades for late model Bally or Williams pins.
>
> no shipping. NW Chicago suburbs pick-up.
>
> Mike Fox
> Algonquin, IL

Is the cabinet solid gold? :-D
All kidding aside, I've seen those cabs go for a couple hundred bucks
lately.
-Adam

joey

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Okay, what's going on with all of these "Game X for sale: $5,000!"
posts? Have $200 - $400 games become highly sought-after or something
as of late?

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Arcade games are generally cheap. Sometimes you have sellers who don't
know.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I agree, I got a nice one of these for less then $100 a few months
back. I hate it. Heavy as lead, bulky, can't really put drinks on it.
Not to mention I have seen nice fully working ones for $200 on ebay all
over the place. I'll let mine go for $500 since it's so rare. ;) It
even has a space shooter game and the rare elusive excite bike game. I
saw someone post a pheonix for $1000 on CL a while back. I wasted my
keystrokes and told them it was worth $250 they said they would lower
the price to $700. Please........ I won't bother ranting anymore. Just
kind of funny.
~eric

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I noticed but really didn't give a rat's ass. ;)

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Dude, there are (and have been) a slew of these on Ebay for a fraction of
this price. Firstly, it's not that rare, nor are the various chipsets that
swap the games out. It's actually quite a hideous red beast if I may say so.

<mikesarcade@comcast.net> wrote in message
> $2000. Note that this is not just the regular Mario Bros, but rather
> the Super version. This is the rare cocktail "red tent" version with
> your choice of Excitebike or Golf on the other side. great shape.
> plays good. original cabinet. I hate to let it go. Will consider
> trades for late model Bally or Williams pins.
>
> no shipping. NW Chicago suburbs pick-up.
>
> Mike Fox
> Algonquin, IL

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Yes but you see...., I saw the original thread then jumped a thread to
the joke thread making it yet a deeper joke. Whatever, all I know is my
track n field has incrased in value by over 1000% today. ;)

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I am formulating a plan by which i sell cabs for thousands and then
buy them off the board for the hundreds they are actually worth and
just hire some chinese kids to truck them around the country. I
figured I can make millions without breaking a sweat. ;-)